• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E-bay Gold Mine or rip off.. You be the judge

36 posts in this topic

I just mentioned this ridiculous listing in my ongoing thread. Unbelievable. If it's for real, this is surely not a very good way to list these books. He's gonna end up losing a lot of money. Then again, the guy probably pulled that 'Tec #29 from a dealer box 30 years ago for 10 bucks.

I saw the listing this morning when it was at $2.50 :)

Contacted seller. Claims he can not call me about the collection because his land mind (sp) is disconnected and he needs to take a bus to the library to borrow a cell phone. Since he was replying to my email, one would assume he has access to a phone. hm

Feedback score is MAJOR red flag

extremely weird listing!!!!!! NOPE...NO MORE PHOTOS says the man :sumo:lol I DONT have a working camera or a phone....I am Not even really sure how this coverless TEC photo appeared on my listing in the first place (shrug) Chalk it up to MAGIC I suppose :banana:

Here's my favorite blip from the Q&A:

Q: they dont have prices for coverless its honestly just what someone is willing to pay. id say detective comics 29 is still worth a couple hundred at least though. more if you find the right buyer. the later issues usually sell for like 50 bucks coverless. Jan-06-14

A: Thank you again and check your messages.

What kind of question is that? And how out of touch with the market do you have to be to think even a coverless 'Tec #29 is only worth a couple hundred bucks? I'll snap those up all day and all night. Heck I'll take incomplete coverless for that price.