• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

these guys must have hoarded quite a few Hulk 1s...

Ya think? Dealers and flippers are paying retail and selling at retail+...to other dealers and flippers. (thumbs u

Are they?

Yep, the current comic-mylars 3.0 copy is on it's 3rd flip in the last 6 years, the most recent sale being $4,750 in April. Current asking price? $11,500. :screwy:

The same thing happened about 7 years ago or so when an AF #15 CGC 9.4 sold for a record price at auction. People were blown away by it...and then AF #15 prices doubled and tripled in about 4 weeks for all lower grade copies.

(shrug)

I remember selling a CGC 6.0 copy of AF on these very boards for about $8K or so and within a month it became a $15K book.

And after than a correction happened and prices stayed stagnant for a few years. Time will tell if this is the case for H1.

Growth is never linear, whether it's kids, investments or comics. ;-)

Gotcha...hehe. Just my observations and 2c

Wow, and dan gallo has a superior detatched 2.0 up on ebay at 7000$ too.

He's holding out for the full $7k..... :insane:

-J.

I saw that recent 2.0 on your link registered on GPA for 6.5K. So this 2.0 for 6.5K and last week the record 2.0 at 7K. Less than the last one, but still a strong price.

I saw that recent 2.0 on your link registered on GPA for 6.5K. So this 2.0 for 6.5K and last week the record 2.0 at 7K. Less than the last one, but still a strong price.

What I find remarkable is how, even with this sustained run up in price, we are "still" not seeing significant quantities of it coming to market, particularly in mid grade. There's a nice looking 4.5 coming up on comic connect two months from now, and a PGX "6.0" that used to be (and still looks like it actually is) a 3.5 CGC, but other than that, nothing. That seems to be causing the low grade copies to get bid up an inordinate amount.

-J.

What I find remarkable is how, even with this sustained run up in price, we are "still" not seeing significant quantities of it coming to market, particularly in mid grade. There's a nice looking 4.5 coming up on comic connect two months from now, and a PGX "6.0" that used to be (and still looks like it actually is) a 3.5 CGC, but other than that, nothing. That seems to be causing the low grade copies to get bid up an inordinate amount.

-J.

I'm just amazed with the low grades commanding decent prices. Definitely due to the fact of it being a bit more scarce than other big SA keys. The more scarcity and demand factor sure plays a role; hence, check out SC4 in low grades. Current prices of SC4 correlate well with H1. two books.

-J.

I'm just amazed with the low grades commanding decent prices. Definitely due to the fact of it being a bit more scarce than other big SA keys. The more scarcity and demand factor sure plays a role; hence, check out SC4 in low grades. Current prices of SC4 correlate well with H1. two books.

Do you think a 2.0 SC4 would yield $7k right now? I would think that could get you about a 3.5 right now...

-J.

-J.

Do you think a 2.0 SC4 would yield $7k right now? I would think that could get you about a 3.5 right now...

-J.

Ok, H1 is currently a bit more , but could pull back to SC4 price level. Or perhaps SC4 will play catch-up to H1.

-J.

-J.

Ok, H1 is currently a bit more , but could pull back to SC4 price level. Or perhaps SC4 will play catch-up to H1.

Wonder which is the rarer book, SC #4 or Hulk #1? hm

-J.

-J.

Looks like the Hulk 1 did not sell as the seller re-listed the book again for sale. Click on highest to lowest and the same Hulk 1 comes up again.

-J.

-J.

Looks like the Hulk 1 did not sell as the seller re-listed the book again for sale. Click on highest to lowest and the same Hulk 1 comes up again.

:kidaround:

-J.

-J.

Best offer was accepted and then they didn't pay...

With all the prices on the Bay all increased, hard to believe that another one won't sell soon at this price.

-J.

-J.

Best offer was accepted and then they didn't pay...

With all the prices on the Bay all increased, hard to believe that another one won't sell soon at this price.

That buyer/bidder eBay user name ylee1607 is a shiller and non paying buyer. He placed those shill bids up for the record setting 2.0 to $7k and is doing it with a few other lower graded,Hulk 1's creating an artificial super bump in price. I'd block his user ID as a seller. Just a fyi..