• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

Looks like hulk 1 is officially in the AF 15 league now with its first very own AF 15-style scam. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-1-May-1962-Marvel-/301315179905?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4627c8c581

-J.

Scammers need to move on from AF #15. Too many people know already that this is the most scammed book. Looks like onto the next big key lol

Happy to see Hulk #1 getting it's due! :headbang:

Now we just need some of the 6.0 - 8.5 grades to hit the auction scene. (thumbs u :popcorn:

I wonder what my IH #1 CGC 8.0 White Mountain or David20009's IH #1 CGC 8.0 Pacific Coast copies would command in this market. hm

Not that either of us are selling. lol;)

Copies in that range have recently sold. (thumbs u

-J.

True that Jay, but I would like to see more data. :popcorn: I know a 7.0 & 7.5 did at $26.5K and $40K.

I'm primarily speaking of future sales post the 2 IH #1 CGC 9.2 CC record setting sales. hm I want to see if these new prices are here to stay consistently for high grade copies like they are with the low grades. :wishluck:

Looks like hulk 1 is officially in the AF 15 league now with its first very own AF 15-style scam. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-1-May-1962-Marvel-/301315179905?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4627c8c581

-J.

Scammers need to move on from AF #15. Too many people know already that this is the most scammed book. Looks like onto the next big key lol

Now we just need some of the 6.0 - 8.5 grades to hit the auction scene. (thumbs u :popcorn:

I wonder what my IH #1 CGC 8.0 White Mountain or David20009's IH #1 CGC 8.0 Pacific Coast copies would command in this market. hm

-J.

True that Jay, but I would like to see more data. :popcorn: I know a 7.0 & 7.5 did at $26.5K and $40K.

I'm primarily speaking of future sales post the 2 IH #1 CGC 9.2 CC record setting sales. hm I want to see if these new prices are here to stay consistently for high grade copies like they are with the low grades. :wishluck:

There have been numerous mid grade sales recently (4.0-7.5). Correct me if I'm missing any but I believe there was the 5.0 on heritage for $12k, the 4.0 on comic link for $11k, the 6.5 on comic link for $18k, a 6.0 on ebay for $15k, a 6.0 ss after that one for $16.7k, and then of course all of the 3.5 and under sales that have occurred simultaneously. I don't know of any 8.0-9.0's that have sold recently other than yours, but then there's not exactly a lot of those to go around. (thumbs u

I would say there have been a fair amount of sales across the grade spectrum to establish a new pricing floor.

-J.

-J.

-J.

There have been numerous mid grade sales recently (4.0-7.5). Correct me if I'm missing any but I believe there was the 5.0 on heritage for $12k, the 4.0 on comic link for $11k, the 6.5 on comic link for $18k, a 6.0 on ebay for $15k, a 6.0 ss after that one for $16.7k, and then of course all of the 3.5 and under sales that have occurred simultaneously. I don't know of any 8.0-9.0's that have sold recently other than yours, but then there's not exactly a lot of those to go around. (thumbs u

I would say there have been a fair amount of sales across the grade spectrum to establish a new pricing floor.

-J.

Thanks for the stats Jay, I don't subscribe to GPA so I don't readily have that info (thumbs u

Yeah, I think the last GPA recorded 8.0 sold for $30K in 2012. Only the IH #1 CGC 8.5 Don/Maggie Collection on HA in Oct 2013 for $59K and the IH #1 CGC 9.0 for $175K at High Grade Comics. hm Still great prices either way and still climbing. :banana:

I've sold a 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 4.5, two 5.0's, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0 and 9.0.

None of the sales are on GPA.

Amazing how many are lost without that GPA crutch.

OMG, what should I price it at? If there isn't a GPA sale it isn't worth what he is asking.

OMG, did I leave money on the table.

OMG, are dealers just selling to dealers.

OMG, are those real bids, they have to be shills.

Yup, amazing what I read and hear.

This is the same thing that happens with movie books, difference is just there are 5-6 asking price digits instead of 4. Everybody didn't think a 9.0 would sell for what I got for it. Now all of a sudden I'm offered more and others want one or the copy I sold. When somebody else goes first all of a sudden the asking price is warranted.

I've sold a 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 4.5, two 5.0's, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0 and 9.0.

None of the sales are on GPA.

Amazing how many are lost without that GPA crutch.

OMG, what should I price it at? If there isn't a GPA sale it isn't worth what he is asking.

OMG, did I leave money on the table.

OMG, are dealers just selling to dealers.

OMG, are those real bids, they have to be shills.

Yup, amazing what I read and hear.

This is the same thing that happens with movie books, difference is just there are 5-6 asking price digits instead of 4. Everybody didn't think a 9.0 would sell for what I got for it. Now all of a sudden I'm offered more and others want one or the copy I sold. When somebody else goes first all of a sudden the asking price is warranted.

Yeah, your right Bob. (thumbs u A whole bunch go under the radar without GPA stats to validate the sale en masse. I don't give too much credence into GPA, though it is very useful as a gauge for the current markets. hm

I usually set aside a certain coinage cap for the book I want and make the offer plain and simple. The owner of said comic book either accepts or don't, but in the back of my mind I remain optimistic and say there will be another one. ;) So patience is definitely a virtue of mine. lol

Bob, were most of your sales before or after the first IH #1 9.2 CC sale?

Thanks.

Any thoughts on this auction:

Hulk 1 CGC 1.5 on da Bay

The recent "sale" (disputed by some, hailed by others, discussed by all) has apparently set a new pricing threshold as a bunch of books hit the bay with the fury of hell at eye-popping prices!

$5200. (thumbs u

-J.

Looks like 343(now 345) finally gots him one! :whee:

lol I saw that too. I actually think he is a boardie. He made other offers on various other BIN with make offer listings. He is a legit buyer, and the auction itself had numerous legit looking bidders all the way until the end.

But damn, over $5 grand for a 1.5 now... doh!

Nice new sig line by the way Hulksdaddy. (thumbs u

-J.

$5k for a 1.5 seems bonkers. And it might end up to be. Who knows. One thing I see in here is, people think books can only go up. As if "keys" are beyond the pale, creating a new floor each time they bump up. And for the super mega mega keys, that may be the case. Maybe. But, look no further than the collectible car market to to see what might happen. Cars that sold for $2M suddenly sell for $300K. The bubble is always a possibility. No one knows for sure.

I do know I wouldn't pay $5k for a 1.5.

And thanks for the compliment on the sig line bud! (thumbs u

Any thoughts on this auction:

Hulk 1 CGC 1.5 on da Bay

The recent "sale" (disputed by some, hailed by others, discussed by all) has apparently set a new pricing threshold as a bunch of books hit the bay with the fury of hell at eye-popping prices!

$5200. (thumbs u

-J.

Looks like 343(now 345) finally gots him one! :whee:

lol I saw that too. I actually think he is a boardie. He made other offers on various other BIN with make offer listings. He is a legit buyer, and the auction itself had numerous legit looking bidders all the way until the end.

But damn, over $5 grand for a 1.5 now... doh!

Nice new sig line by the way Hulksdaddy. (thumbs u

-J.

$5k for a 1.5 seems bonkers. And it might end up to be. Who knows. One thing I see in here is, people think books can only go up. As if "keys" are beyond the pale, creating a new floor each time they bump up. And for the super mega mega keys, that may be the case. Maybe. But, look no further than the collectible car market to to see what might happen. Cars that sold for $2M suddenly sell for $300K. The bubble is always a possibility. No one knows for sure.

I do know I wouldn't pay $5k for a 1.5.

And thanks for the compliment on the sig line bud! (thumbs u

Everything is relative. You probably wouldn't pay that because you've had your copy for a while and got it at a different time in the market. But I'm sure someone who's owned their copy for ten plus years would think what you paid for yours was "exorbitant". "Bubbles" pop when supply and demand get out of whack. I don't know what's going on with hulk 1's if dealers are holding them back or if people just don't want to sell, but where are they all? This crazy run up in price and still there's only just a handful on the market ? People are holding on to these things. Who knows when another one might get auctioned off on ebay. That 5200 right now doesn't look too shabby considering that the next cheapest one available right now is a $7000 2.0. There seem to be the perfect combination of those two high 9.2 sales coupled with scarcity on the market, and sudden renewed interest in the property to be driving demand. I can only imagine what's going to happen when they announce the next inevitable solo hulk movie (Planet Hulk?). $5k for a 1.5 may look like a bargain by then.

-J.

Look who's still the King....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-0-5-Complete-/161423583928?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2595986ab8

....makes that $5200 for the hulk 1, 1.5 seem downright affordable. (thumbs u

-J.

Low grades are appreciating much more. Just to own a copy will make one happy.

Look who's still the King....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-0-5-Complete-/161423583928?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2595986ab8

....makes that $5200 for the hulk 1, 1.5 seem downright affordable. (thumbs u

-J.

That sale is a fraud ebayer hijacking my listing

No kidding? I'm sorry to hear that. Somebody evidently thinks they bought the book. I'm assuming you reported it...

-J.

Question for Hulk fans and board detectives???? Was the last Hulk 3.0 a real sale at 12k. I had not looked at GPA is a week or 2 do we know where this sale occured?

As far as we know the sale was legit. The book has not re-surfaced as a re-list or anything of the sort so as of now it's still officially on the books. (thumbs u

-J.

Striking while the iron is scalding hot or waiting for the movie that should send up another spike

I'm the wrong the guy to ask I'm like oakman. I never sell my comics. :cloud9: BUT....... If I did I would wait until the inevitable movie announcement to test the market. The announcement of a marvel produced hulk movie will make fans go nuts, and most likely show us that this little spike in prices was only the beginning.

-J.