• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

(thumbs u

Again, not apples to apples. One was an auction, one was a best offer. Did one overpay? Maybe, maybe not. Not sure much can be gleaned from these two examples. No doubt CGC should get more, being the incumbent, but would need a real fair fight to see how much.

(thumbs u

Again, not apples to apples. One was an auction, one was a best offer. Did one overpay? Maybe, maybe not. Not sure much can be gleaned from these two examples. No doubt CGC should get more, being the incumbent, but would need a real fair fight to see how much.

Not sure we will ever have two identical books in the same grade to compare simultaneously. If nothing else I think this shows the other grading company is more lenient with their grading. Maybe not as lenient as the "other", other grading company. lol But perhaps somewhere in the middle. I believe that perception lingers in the market at large and that that has something to do with why comparably graded non-CGC books appear to consistently under perform.

-J.

It was said, in the restoration section, that the other company 3.0 slabbed book that just sold on eBay for a bargain price was also, at one time, in a CGC 3.0 holder as well. My opinion is that it wasn't the particular holder the books were in, but rather the defects each had. The CGC 3.0 and 0.5 just presented a little better (to me anyway).

Does anyone really think this is a like comparison? These .5s are not visually equal. Wouldn't matter which company graded which ...the better hulk image would garner significantly higher price (as it did)

Does anyone really think this is a like comparison? These .5s are not visually equal. Wouldn't matter which company graded which ...the better hulk image would garner significantly higher price (as it did)

No, seems it's just about impossible to compare sales prices of low grade, incomplete books as the defects vary widely, as do the personal pet peeves of the buyers.

Lots of Hulk 1s for sale on the boards recently with very little activity.

Over-priced?

Saturated market?

Crappy copies?

Other?

:popcorn:

(I've got a crappy copy up right now at what I think is a very fair price so I want to hear this)

GPA 1.5 Blue Label = $5,100 at the 90 day average

Extensive restoration on a Silver Age book with an Apparent grade 2.0 or under should go for 40-50% of the blue label.

Taking that into consideration, pricing should be around $2,040-$2,550; net your price of $2,599 is in the ballpark if the restoration is professional or done well.

Given that the restoration is graded as a "C" or "poor," my 2c would be a "very fair price" is closer to $1,750-$2,000.

No judgement though, pricing is at the sole discretion of the seller.

Great price! and with White pages to boot!

Does that mean prices are starting to cool down a bit? (I hope so, still need to find a personal copy :wishluck:)

Great price! and with White pages to boot!

Does that mean prices are starting to cool down a bit? (I hope so, still need to find a personal copy :wishluck:)

I still think it's a decent price. Since more supplies of H1 recently, it's keeping the prices in check.

Lots of Hulk 1s for sale on the boards recently with very little activity.

Over-priced?

Saturated market?

Crappy copies?

Other?

At current prices you could get two of the other big Marvels. ToS 39, JiM 83, even FF 1. I know where I'd put my money.

Demand ebbs and flows.

It's not a necessary commodity like rice or eggs where you have a Billion people who all need the same thing. I wouldn't read anything into a 4 or 5 figure comic book sitting around a few weeks. The internet keeps us too focused on small movements and prevents us from having perspective sometimes.

Those books will eventually sell.

And heading into Christmas and Thanksgiving, I've found this time of year not the best time to sell. A few people will splurge on themselves if they have bonuses coming but I believe the majority is hunkering down for the holidays.