• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

I don't know how scare they are but if you want one, its out there!, the price(s) are just absurd right now

If you truly want the book signed by Stan for your own personally collection.. go for it!.. if you're doing it for re sale.. id say, stick with the blue label on such a nice copy... my 2c

This book is truly rare in CGC 2.5. Last GPA recorded sale was July 2011??? ??? Does CGC not like to give out the 2.5 grade on this comic? :popcorn: Kinda weird? No?

I have seen a few 2.5s here and there.

However, lately the only deals I have seen/heard about on this book have been private. Very few sales through GPA tracked sites these days ( :gossip: the way dealers like it).

We all know that it is one of the rarest keys.

There's one up on heritage for auction right now.

-J.

Cool! I look up GPA for this once in a while. Always notice that no sales have been recorded in a while. I have a 2.5 restored copy. No sales on that in a year. :popcorn: I will watch that auction to see where it ends. :headbang:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-gd-25-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121433-13464.s

Already over 5k.....

-J.

My guess is it ends just north of $6.5K.

That might be a bit high. A 3.0 can be had on ebay for 6-7k.

I'm thinking more like $5,500-ish and even that is what a 4.0 was going for less than a year ago. Just goes to show how palpable the spike in prices really is. (thumbs u

-J.

At $5,700 with 11 hours to go. :o

What did it finish at? I can't see.

Here's my 2.5. Comparable eye appeal?

Hulk1.jpg

I would say yours has better overall eye appeal than the 2.5 that just sold, with far less creasing on the cover. Very nice. (thumbs u

-J.

Oh I'm buying them. Still waiting for PM's on anybody who is looking to sell me one.

I've sold quite a few in the last month.

Shameless David Miller style buying plug

:headbang:

Bob, your posts are on fire these days!

This book is truly rare in CGC 2.5. Last GPA recorded sale was July 2011??? ??? Does CGC not like to give out the 2.5 grade on this comic? :popcorn: Kinda weird? No?

However, lately the only deals I have seen/heard about on this book have been private. Very few sales through GPA tracked sites these days ( :gossip: the way dealers like it).

-J.

Cool! I look up GPA for this once in a while. Always notice that no sales have been recorded in a while. I have a 2.5 restored copy. No sales on that in a year. :popcorn: I will watch that auction to see where it ends. :headbang:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-gd-25-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121433-13464.s

Already over 5k.....

-J.

I'm thinking more like $5,500-ish and even that is what a 4.0 was going for less than a year ago. Just goes to show how palpable the spike in prices really is. (thumbs u

-J.

Hulk1.jpg

$6,214.00 :o

-J.

Already over 5k.....

-J.

-J.

Hulk1.jpg

Gotta wonder what this does to the balance of the market and higher grade prices...

Do we have an anomaly here or the new "entry" pricing?

:shrug:

The Hulk #1 CGC 2.5 Blue sold for $6,214 - to answer the previous question.

Which someone already had...... :facepalm:

-J.

Already over 5k.....

-J.

-J.

Hulk1.jpg

Gotta wonder what this does to the balance of the market and higher grade prices...

Do we have an anomaly here or the new "entry" pricing?

:shrug:

I think it's the "new pricing".

I, along with probably most of the owners of lower grade Hulk #1's have been receiving PM's about selling.

I can see this book reaching AF #15 levels, and sailing past....

And that without even mentioning any Movie buzz, which Hulk #1 doesn't need, and never will.

I just wish I had bought a couple more - or could afford to do so right now!

I, along with probably most of the owners of lower grade Hulk #1's have been receiving PM's about selling.

And that without even mentioning any Movie buzz, which Hulk #1 doesn't need, and never will.

You're saying I can't buy a Hulk #1 for $300 anymore? (shrug)

That stinks.

:grin:

Hulk 1 has been on fire. Didn't a 6.0 sell for 15k recently? When is this happening to TOS 39 and Iron Man? lol

I would not be shocked if it happens to the other Mega Key books. More and more people are looking to get copies they may be able to afford as high grade copies run to the moon. Making lower grade copies more desirable and raising the prices because more and more people are entering bidding wars in trying to get them. :popcorn:

Hulk 1 has been on fire. Didn't a 6.0 sell for 15k recently? When is this happening to TOS 39 and Iron Man? lol

I would not be shocked if it happens to the other Mega Key books. More and more people are looking to get copies they may be able to afford as high grade copies run to the moon. Making lower grade copies more desirable and raising the prices because more and more people are entering bidding wars in trying to get them. :popcorn:

+1

You only need to look at the steady rise of DD #1 to confirm that Frank.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone trying to sell a 1.8 for nearly $600 on here yesterday.

You're saying I can't buy a Hulk #1 for $300 anymore? (shrug)

That stinks.

:grin:

:o I thought you had 5 already....