• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My books are missing in action....

39 posts in this topic

I think one of the boardies that works for USPS stated in another thread that registered mail doesn't provide as many scanning updates during the transit as regular priority mail. I think he mentioned that this was for security reasons.

My last shipment from Sarasota only had three updates. Accepted in Sarasota, arrived at my PO in Nashville, and then 10 minutes later, out for delivery.

Interesting, does the 'regular' mailman deliver them or are they sent on some sort of special delivery?

In my case, it was not my regular mail carrier. As soon as it arrived at the local post office, they sent someone out with the package. Like a hot potato, they were eager to get rid of it. Of course, my delivery address is only a block from the post office.

HA! Let's just say that is a pretty valuable package so I'm freaking out.

Registered 2-day priority mail shouldn't take this long... the fact that the status hasn't been updated is REALLY making me freak out.

Registered usually takes longer, than regular priority.

I had a Priority Mail package arrive that took 10 days to get here about a week ago. Between holidays and snow, there's going to be a delay. Not to mention Registered has to go through chain-of-custody signatures, etc. I'd feel the same way - it will show up soon, I'm sure!

Have faith, as everyone else has said, Registered is slow as hell, but it is safe. You will have to wait, but you will get the books. The only problem I've had with registered is that it's SO safe, that it can be a hassle to get the stuff. I had a piece of art sent registered a few years ago, and it showed that it had arrived at the USPS office, but after a couple of days it still hadn't been delivered. So, being a Nervous Nellie myself, I went to the branch, and they explained that the package was locked up, and the ONLY guy who was allowed to get into the registered stuff had been out of the office, so I basically had to wait until he came back to work. So, yes, it can take a long time, but you should rest easy that your package is being well cared for.

I had a package disappear between Tampa and Sarasota with tracking.....

Wasn't there a thread a few months ago, where a ton of packages were "disappearing" from the Tampa sorting facility? :eek:

Yeah. I heard about that

My package was tracked getting into a van and leaving Tampa. It just never received a check in in Sarasota and the trail went cold. I'm sure the driver knows. :sumo: ^#^*#%^*%}}^^}