• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

Posting again for Vince, demonstrating it was established that this "company" isn't something to fear, but it is something that needs vetting, scrutiny, and a watchful eye.

In the realm of the absurd...you have the disparity between their claims in the reviews section....

my vault books sold for 35 to 50% higher than the same CGC books listed on ebay.

amazing book at a 9.6. Sold it for 50% more than the same one signed and graded by CGC.

i sold my 8.5 vault books for more than my 9.2 graded CGCs.

Then the reality.....

vaultasm300_zps94c00967.png

and what a CGC 9.6 sells for....

ASM300gpa_zps9256dd7f.png

62cni.jpg

Chris, did you see this? :)

UKsSAIO.png

I was hoping I could give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but not now.. Eek.

I thought this guy (ebay ID alec-us2013 ) looked familiar. He's a recent AF15 scammer that I caught. Here's the link.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Scam (Yeah, another one)

If only we found out that this company was started by Lex Ledger, it would be the perfect thread!

Actually, I think it's Thomas Neeley operating from his prison cell. Dude needs something to pass the time.

Why can none of these companies consult an actual professional designer when developing the labels for these things? Seriously, the main reason CGC looks more professional is at least the fonts are consistent and spacing is somewhat appropriate to the label size - but every other grading service that pops up just really drops the ball in this regard (in this case font weights could be better utilized, but at least it's pretty than PGX).

Also any competitor really needs to have a detailed website, in this case SHOW us the type of scans you want. SHOW examples of the reader copies and grader notes, give profiles and history of the graders. SHOW us some actual reasons we should trust you and that you are SERIOUS in this industry.

I do like the attempt at getting more information on the label regarding the grade - though I would think that detailed information would be better served on the back side where they are free to expand the descriptions. Also interesting to see the 'KEY' icon on the books, though I can foresee forums becoming a nerd storm of "debate" over which books should be considered key or not :D

Where are getting that quote about ASM? Here is what i found it say "WD" ... walking dead

robkcoles – December 30, 2013:

Graded a WD 101 ghost variant – amazing book at a 9.6. Sold it for 50% more than the same one signed and graded by CGC. GR8!!!

but dont let facts get in the way - the pics are great...

Hello Mr. Vault.

We are getting quotes, from various parts of your site, saying that lower graded Vault books are selling for MORE than higher graded CGC books.

The only REAL data on this is that ASM book, that sold for 80% LESS than the comparable CGC book.

A sale so LOW and EMBARRASSING and TURD-LIKE, that the seller took a negative to back out of the sale.

Don't let the REAL facts and analysis performed outside the smokescreen of that "site" get in the way of your non sequitur . (thumbs u

I guess if people knew that their books CGC'd would get $300 and the same book with your company would get $25 after the cost of grading it wouldn't be the best thing for your budding enterprise, huh?

GLWTS*

*good luck with the site

If only we found out that this company was started by Lex Ledger, it would be the perfect thread!

Actually, I think it's Thomas Neeley operating from his prison cell. Dude needs something to pass the time.

Does he do all the pressing in there as well?

Laundry room, second floor

Posting again for Vince, demonstrating it was established that this "company" isn't something to fear, but it is something that needs vetting, scrutiny, and a watchful eye.

In the realm of the absurd...you have the disparity between their claims in the reviews section....

my vault books sold for 35 to 50% higher than the same CGC books listed on ebay.

amazing book at a 9.6. Sold it for 50% more than the same one signed and graded by CGC.

Then the reality.....

62cni.jpg

UKsSAIO.png

lol

That explains the shilling in the more recent auctions.

They can't have phony baloney testimonials on their site claiming how much MORE their books sell for than CGC when a quick check of actual sales calls them on the fact that their pants are, in fact, on fire.

you would think that to get your business started out the first thing you would do is slab a thousand really nice Key books and put them out there with a 99 cent start to get the brand in peoples hands ?

And not hide who you are ?

:)

Are you saying you want the slabbing company to sell their own slabbed comics?

Didn't think of that good point

SO

Do 1000 free to get the product out there

Nothing wrong with CGC competition as long as they are not running out of a Mail Box drop off in California I would think

It's in its infancy, but yes. Interestingly enough, he does not use a dry-iron. It's all done by hand through a process of roid-fueled aggression.

Then the reality.....

62cni.jpg

UKsSAIO.png

I was hoping I could give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but not now.. Eek.

We don't know this seller is an employee of the Vault company though, do we?

Sellers do this kind of stuff all the time on E-Bay. And there are probably examples of this same thing for a CGC slabbed book. What exactly does this prove? (shrug)

Then the reality.....

62cni.jpg

UKsSAIO.png

We don't know this seller is an employee of the Vault company though, do we?

Sellers do this kind of stuff all the time on E-Bay. And there are probably examples of this same thing for a CGC slabbed book. What exactly does this prove? (shrug)

I don't know what the backing out of the sale means, but the sale itself is a pretty effective refutation of the "Vault Books sell for More than Comparable CGC'd Books" testimonial.

(shrug)