• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

Chris, did you see this? :)

UKsSAIO.png

I was hoping I could give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but not now.. Eek.

We don't know this seller is an employee of the Vault company though, do we?

Sellers do this kind of stuff all the time on E-Bay. And there are probably examples of this same thing for a CGC slabbed book. What exactly does this prove? (shrug)

I don't know what the backing out of the sale means, but the sale itself is a pretty effective refutation of the "Vault Books sell for More than Comparable CGC'd Books" testimonial.

(shrug)

I get that. I was responding to the "I was hoping I could give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but not now." along with the image showing the seller backing out of the auction.

If it looks like a turd, and smells like a turd...

(:

So, do we?

Really, does it matter? Take away our jabs calling him "Mr. Vault," and everything else we have said stands on its own.

-slym

(:

So, do we?

Really, does it matter? Take away our jabs calling him "Mr. Vault," and everything else we have said stands on its own.

-slym

Hey!

I only called the Vault Shill who came on the boards "Mr. Vault" not the seller on Ebay.

lol

A little due diligence exposes this company and their testimonials for what they are.

Exactly, it took less than 5 minutes for the claims in those testimonials to be shown as spurious.

Honestly, they'd be better off trying to make their way on their own steam initially rather than immediately compare themselves to an established entity that's gained trust for well over a decade. The comments of "Vault's 9.4 would be a CGC 8.5" when the book that line is attached to is missing an entire corner just makes the company look bad.

One chance to make a first impression and all that.

(:

So, do we?

-slym

Hey!

I only called the Vault Shill who came on the boards "Mr. Vault" not the seller on Ebay.

lol

And, just coincidentally, the eBay seller is a known scammer.

In case you missed it.

alec-us2013

This is a very convoluted thread at this point. I'm trying to understand the point and inferences being made is all. I see some people posting pictures that have nothing to do with the thread, others disparaging the Vault company based on bad seller behavior on E-Bay, etc. Heck these Vault guys may be crooks, liars, etc. and may be the very sellers that are exhibiting the bad behavior but right now, I'm not seeing any evidence. Although, the few sellers shown here offering Vault books for sale on E-Bay do all seem like schmucks. And I do agree the Vaults "statements" about "Vaulted" books selling for more than CGC is pure hyperbole.

I do like the idea of vetting the company. Are they legitimate? Who are the owners? Which comic dealers are they working with? Are we looking at a legitimate CGC competitor or another PGC?

This is a very convoluted thread at this point. I'm trying to understand the point and inferences being made is all. I see some people posting pictures that have nothing to do with the thread, others disparaging the Vault company based on bad seller behavior on E-Bay, etc. Heck these Vault guys may be crooks, liars, etc. and may be the very sellers that are exhibiting the bad behavior but right now, I'm not seeing any evidence. Although, the few sellers shown here offering Vault books for sale on E-Bay do all seem like schmucks. And I do agree the Vaults "statements" about "Vaulted" books selling for more than CGC seems like a bunch of hyperbole.

I do like the idea of vetting the company. Are they legitimate? Who are the owners? Which comic dealers are they working with?

Owners, actual storefront property...this is all under scrutuny right now, some investigating is going on and quite frankly... :popcorn:

Normally disparaging remarks on others (business or otherwise) doesn't intrigue me, but this is a totally different species. Can't wait to see what else is discovered.

This is a very convoluted thread at this point. I'm trying to understand the point and inferences being made is all. I see some people posting pictures that have nothing to do with the thread, others disparaging the Vault company based on bad seller behavior on E-Bay, etc. Heck these Vault guys may be crooks, liars, etc. and may be the very sellers that are exhibiting the bad behavior but right now, I'm not seeing any evidence. Although, the few sellers shown here offering Vault books for sale on E-Bay do all seem like schmucks. And I do agree the Vaults "statements" about "Vaulted" books selling for more than CGC seems like a bunch of hyperbole.

I do like the idea of vetting the company. Are they legitimate? Who are the owners? Which comic dealers are they working with?

Owners, actual storefront property...this is all under scrutuny right now, some investigating is going on and quite frankly... :popcorn:

Normally disparaging remarks on others (business or otherwise) doesn't intrigue me, but this is a totally different species. Can't wait to see what else is discovered.

I just did a quick scan of E-Bay and outside of the comicart1 seller, I don't see any other Vault graded books on E-Bay. This seller is based in New York, one of the 2 locations for the Vault company. Any New York boardies hear of this operation before?

The comments of "Vault's 9.4 would be a CGC 8.5" when the book that line is attached to is missing an entire corner just makes the company look bad.

One chance to make a first impression and all that.

QFT - both statements.

-slym

For the record - I am all for CGC having viable competition.

"Viable" being the key word here. PGX ain't it, and as comix4fun pointed out, Vault having come right out of the gate and taking huge swings at the established company isn't good. Having those swings be huge "whiffs" because of false claims of value v/s the competition, and comparing their grading to the competition when anyone can see a Vault book is overgraded by established standards (and here I mean Overstreet, not CGC) is asking for trouble.

-slym

I just did a quick scan of E-Bay and outside of the comicart1 seller, I don't see any other Vault graded books on E-Bay. This seller is based in New York, one of the 2 locations for the Vault company. Any New York boardies hear of this operation before?

I managed to get some footage of Vault HQ!

For the record - I am all for CGC having viable competition.

"Viable" being the key word here. PGX ain't it, and as comix4fun pointed out, Vault having come right out of the gate and taking huge swings at the established company isn't good. Having those swings be huge "whiffs" because of false claims of value v/s the competition, and comparing their grading to the competition when anyone can see a Vault book is overgraded by established standards (and here I mean Overstreet, not CGC) is asking for trouble.

-slym

+1

Competition in ANY market only benefits each company and pushes for better product, service, ect...

This isn't a case where its a legitimate start up. By stating they are better than an already established business, they are only piling on infamy instead of making their own fame.

Boils down to...... complete disaster, started by someone who is royally pissed at CGC