• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

They also:

1) Don't grade SA, GA, or Magazines

2) Charge $45 to grade a book...and $55 if you want to know WHY they gave it that grade...plus another $40 if you want to give it a smush. lol

3) The "reviews" on their site are a joke. If they are going to put shilled reviews up they should probably pump the brakes on the wild claims of "my vault books sold for 35 to 50% higher than the same CGC books listed on ebay." and "Graded a WD 101 ghost variant – amazing book at a 9.6. Sold it for 50% more than the same one signed and graded by CGC." Sure they did....would these folks be willing to show those auctions and be willing to show ALL bidders ID's?

This is already a losing bet with the price and limited period coverage.

They say the slab will fit in a standard comic box, I guess that's why they don't do GA or magazines...but why no SA?

Too difficult, too complicated, too much liability, too many variables they can't control, too much chance of resto being present that they have no experience in detecting....take your pick.

They say the slab will fit in a standard comic box, I guess that's why they don't do GA or magazines...but why no SA?

Too difficult, too complicated, too much liability, too many variables they can't control, too much chance of resto being present that they have no experience in detecting....take your pick.

Restowhaaa? lol

Did Theo H. move to Del Mar? He was looking for seed money a year or two ago to form a grading company per one of his Ebay ads.

From what I remember, I'd say "no".

"Introducing a new Comics Grading System. Called DCGS.. All comics will be "Accurately Graded and appraised and Vacume Packed in there slab. We will not over look RUSTY STAPLES, IF there has been any alternations to the comic such as GLUE, Trimming, tape, etc they will not be put in a UNRESTORED container. We will only be handling comics that are worth $1,000 OR MORE.. no exceptions. All comics will be the same price value has no importance of what I charge. price is 150 per book. with a ten book min. This New System will be out in late 2012.. Looking for investors .. "

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5335915&fpart=1

Doing a quick search of NY and CA business licenses, there does not seem to be any listings for Vault Valuation LLC.

One comes up in Nevada....

Things must be slow right now.

http://vaultgrading.com/getitgraded/product/grading-2/

dwong_77 – January 11, 2014: I dropped off my books at lunch on Friday & picked them up after work. Crazy good grading. No more 12 month wait on grades because the CGC guys are all off partying at the Conventions.

dwong_77 – January 11, 2014: I dropped off my books at lunch on Friday & picked them up after work. Crazy good grading. No more 12 month wait on grades because the CGC guys are all off partying at the Conventions.

Awesome, just what everyone needs. Are they going to pioneer drive thru grading next?

drive-thru-pharmacy-funny-pictures.jpg

Awesome, just what everyone needs. Are they going to pioneer drive thru grading next?

:roflmao:

That's exactly what I thought.

62ble.jpg

They also:

1) Don't grade SA, GA, or Magazines

2) Charge $45 to grade a book...and $55 if you want to know WHY they gave it that grade...plus another $40 if you want to give it a smush. lol

3) The "reviews" on their site are a joke. If they are going to put shilled reviews up they should probably pump the brakes on the wild claims of "my vault books sold for 35 to 50% higher than the same CGC books listed on ebay." and "Graded a WD 101 ghost variant – amazing book at a 9.6. Sold it for 50% more than the same one signed and graded by CGC." Sure they did....would these folks be willing to show those auctions and be willing to show ALL bidders ID's?

This is already a losing bet with the price and limited period coverage.

Gotta start somewhere.

Del Mar address is a PO BOX

NYC address - don't know, looks like an apartment building off Chambers, across from a park.

Yep....just confirmed that it's a USPS and the

122 East 15th Street #2764

Del Mar, CA 92014

is just a PO Box.

And that NYC, yep that's a residential building with some store fronts...none of which seem to be a Vault-anything.

How are these people "dropping books off" and getting them back same day when, from what I see, they don't have a formal office address to drop anything off at....