• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #6 on ebay

22 posts in this topic

The ebay lister states that the book is trimmed and has some colour touch too!smiley-gen130.gif

Here is the full description posted:

Happy New Year Everyone!

Thanks for checking out my auction, I've decided to list some of my best comics this month so please feel free to check them out!

The winning bidder will receive this very high grade Amazing Spider-Man #6 featuring the 1st appearance of the Lizard. I am giving this comic a grade of VF/NM/NM- 9.0/9.2 because it really looks fantastic. There is some color touch on the cover, some glue on the spine, and the comic has been trimmed. This comic looks incredible and is super hard to find in such high grades. The cover has amazing eye-appeal with super nice and bright colors. The interior is in excellent shape as well. Please look at the pictures to see for yourself how beautiful this comic is. The comic is 100% complete and firmly attached at the staples.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you and good luck!

The only thing the seller neglected to do was to state that the book is "Apparent" and then the grade. The title is a bit misleading but the seller certainly is not hiding anything by the description he/she provided.smiley-gen130.gif

Thanks, good to hear. I looked at the seller's other books and many look heinously trimmed.

I also looked at reporting them, unfortunately ebay doesn't have a category that fits.

Part of me wonders why people are bidding on books that looks so obviously trimmed?

The only thing the seller neglected to do was to state that the book is "Apparent" and then the grade. The title is a bit misleading but the seller certainly is not hiding anything by the description he/she provided.smiley-gen130.gif

Given he is one of the most infamous scammers in recent history, it is likely other issues have not been fully disclosed.

Given he is one of the most infamous scammers in recent history, it is likely other issues have not been fully disclosed.

I was not familiar with or aware of this. Thanks for the information TC!

Cheers!

Tim

I have purchased 4 books from this user. Very friendly but he way overgrades his books. I sent all his books to CGC for grading and each one graded significantly lower then his estimates. ASM #2 his grade 9.2; CGC 7.0

ASM#16 his grade 9.0; CGC 6.5, Journey into Mystery 112, His grade 9.4; CGC 7.0. I will never buy again

I have purchased 4 books from this user. Very friendly but he way overgrades his books. I sent all his books to CGC for grading and each one graded significantly lower then his estimates. ASM #2 his grade 9.2; CGC 7.0

ASM#16 his grade 9.0; CGC 6.5, Journey into Mystery 112, His grade 9.4; CGC 7.0. I will never buy again

Can you not grade either? I mean if I got a book in hand and it was said to be 9.2 and didn't look close to a 9.2 I wouldn't send it to cgc. If you can't grade I would only buy cgc books if you plan to get them cgc'd.

The way he takes the pictures, it's impossible to see the defects. He uses the lighting and the angle of the photo to hide issues with the books.

I'm guessing that he presses them so they are nice and flat and photograph well... but it's obvious some of those books are no where near the grade he claims.

I'd avoid, or at least know they are several grades lower (at least) than what he claims..

Can you not grade either? I mean if I got a book in hand and it was said to be 9.2 and didn't look close to a 9.2 I wouldn't send it to cgc. If you can't grade I would only buy cgc books if you plan to get them cgc'd.

SImilar experience here. I bought a Superman 14 raw, which he mentioned as a restored 9.0. So, at least he was up front about some of the restoration. I sent it to get slabbed and it came back EP 7.5. I sold that comic book later - slabbed with all information fully disclosed - and made my money back. So, I dodged a bullet there. Regardless, from what I've seen it appears that his grading is always too liberal. Plus, he omits saying "apparent" in the listing title.

I was not familiar with or aware of this. Thanks for the information TC!

Cheers!

Tim

No probs. Being a member of these boards has saved me so much money. I hope I can help others do the same.