• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

I'm kinda thinking in order to complete I might have to take a 3 book run like that. Finding a red 2, red 3 yellow 1 and yellow 2 on their own isn't easy.

I'm kinda thinking in order to complete I might have to take a 3 book run like that. Finding a red 2, red 3 yellow 1 and yellow 2 on their own isn't easy.

Reach out to the UK Boardies... That's where I found my yellow and red #1. At the time he had a yellow and red #2 as well. Unfortunately, I'm like you... OCD about my PM's and no longer have his username.

Edited by bcphillips119

Those are the only two books I am missing to get signed. Friends of Maxx #2 and #3.

I could have sworn I had copies of those, but will be damned if I can find them. I'll tear my meager 6 long boxes apart one of these days. They have to be in there somewhere

Reach out to the UK Boardies... That's where I found my yellow and red #1. At the time he had a yellow and red #1 as well. Unfortunately, I'm like you... OCD about my PM's and no longer have his username.

I've noticed quite a few UK auctions for ashcans. I think I picked up my blues from somewhere in the UK

Reach out to the UK Boardies... That's where I found my yellow and red #1. At the time he had a yellow and red #1 as well. Unfortunately, I'm like you... OCD about my PM's and no longer have his username.

I've noticed quite a few UK auctions for ashcans. I think I picked up my blues from somewhere in the UK

That was supposed to read he had a yellow and red #2 as well*

Edited by bcphillips119

Hi All,

Some good reading from the last few pages. Thanks James for letting me know I should get off my butt and finally post a pic of the set I completed in 2013 (but only recently got my remaining raws graded)... So here it is! Enjoy :cloud9:

<a  href=My%20The%20Maxx%20Full%20Set.jpg' alt='M

Hi All,

Some good reading from the last few pages. Thanks James for letting me know I should get off my butt and finally post a pic of the set I completed in 2013 (but only recently got my remaining raws graded)... So here it is! Enjoy :cloud9:

<a  href=My%20The%20Maxx%20Full%20Set.jpg' alt='M

I'm pretty sure that's it as far as ashcan sets....

hm Actually, I think I should get a hold of Crispin and see if he finished his. I do know that not all his are graded, but I could probably convince him to get off his butt and do it, as well lol

Since I'm finally posting it...

I hunted for this set and put it together via graded and raws over the course of 4 years of constant watching and inquiring. I was glad and sad when the hunt was finally over.

I've loved The Maxx since it was on late night drunken television in my post university days. Nothing like coming home to my pad after a night out and settling in with Mr Gone!

Edited by HaydenTO