• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

That last sale of 600 is why I placed my bid where I did.

This same copy was originally bought off ebay for 300, but I know that was a lucky scenario, so I did place my offer at the higher of the two.

The 2000 sale was for a 9.0 or better slabbed "Artist's Proof," which yes, I would pay over 600 in that scenario.

If I disregard the lucky example and the ultimate example, I think 500-600 is a decent starting point for discussion.

If owners aren't willing to part or discuss at that point, then it is there prerogative. I am a buyer at $500-600 and open to discussions.

I just did a search of Sold listings on ebay and saw a set of all three black ashcans that missed my followed searches notifications: unslabbed Black #1 (#39), 8.5 Black #2 (#9), and 9.2 Black #3 (#2)... all three went for a BIN of $2800. anyone know anything about these? bought/sold by a boardie? fantastic grab for whoever brought them home.

I just did a search of Sold listings on ebay and saw a set of all three black ashcans that missed my followed searches notifications: unslabbed Black #1 (#39), 8.5 Black #2 (#9), and 9.2 Black #3 (#2)... all three went for a BIN of $2800. anyone know anything about these? bought/sold by a boardie? fantastic grab for whoever brought them home.

Yeah, that was our very own spreads who sold those. How he got them is detailed in this thread, I believe.

The buyer was asking me about mine, as well, but I wasn't willing to lower the price. I think $2800 is a fair price all around, since I won't part with my #3 for less than about $1900 net. I don't know if the buyer is a board member. The #2 originally came from my stash, and was the first one I slabbed.

I agree with Grails; I think grading neither does, nor should, affect the values of these books.

To the rusty staples issues...lots of Image ashcans from 93/94 have this problem. Cheap junk. Sigh.

This deal was constructed long before the sale. I didn't want to go on ebay, but the buyer wanted the protection so that's why it was listed there. The buyer had already purchased all but one of my previous ashcans, so I wanted to keep these together and I felt the price was fair for both parties.

Edited by spreads

This deal was constructed long before the sale. I didn't want to go on ebay, but the buyer wanted the protection so that's why it was listed there. The buyer had already purchased all but one of my previous ashcans, so I wanted to keep these together and I felt the price was fair for both parties.

I wish I knew you were selling. I would have made a better offer than 2800.

I never heard from them again. Which is fine, because they were making some CRAY CRAY "offers."

Literally, they offered $900 for two of my #2s, which wasn't a bad offer, and then revised it down to $800.

:o

lol

Did Pastaroni manage to get "crawfish" to replace "cray cray"?

I wish I knew you were selling. I would have made a better offer than 2800.

If I just wanted to maximize profit I would have approached the sale very differently.

I missed this Heritage auction. It was around November 2013. If anyone knows the owner please pm me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Maxx 1/2 cover

maxxonehalf_zpsd9efc046.jpg

Yes, the guy who picked up that lot has tried to sell some random pages from that issue here and on CAF but the only page I would be interested in is a DPS he has which is not for sale.

I never heard from them again. Which is fine, because they were making some CRAY CRAY "offers."

Literally, they offered $900 for two of my #2s, which wasn't a bad offer, and then revised it down to $800.

:o

lol

Did Pastaroni manage to get "crawfish" to replace "cray cray"?

No

Banana Shrimp