• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

Extremely well done. Bravo indeed!

I don't think I'll be finding any Black #1 or #3 anytime soon

keep your chin up. those three blacks have traded hands a few times... maybe they'll come your way someday :)

and it *is* a nice set. 2/3 of them being 9.0 or better... that's fantastic!

Edited by baslug

keep your chin up. those three blacks have traded hands a few times... maybe they'll come your way someday :)

Thanks for the encouragement.

Yes, it's a fabulous set. So nice to see another complete graded one around. I think this makes 5 or 6 graded ones.

Not sure about the raws, I have known of 1 for sure, not sure if it's still around

Also... Talk about stepping up to the plate! Took me 4 years to get that together and that's starting out with all blacks...

only 4?

i bought my first ashcan (a blue #1) for $12 back in Feb 2004. still missing 4 for my set. but i'm not all that aggressive about getting them either. it seems everytime i push my limit for what i'm willing to pay for a book, there's someone else that's willing to pay more. but i guess that's the way markets work... sometimes hot, sometimes cold.

all i know is, showing another full is is bound to get the market sparked again

Only the second graded set I've seen...

By the numbers CGC census wise don't think 5 sets is even possible

There was a full set on eBay not a month ago, unless it was this one. That makes 3 full sets right there. I think I've seen at least one more, but would have to do some cache checking.

I started 3 years ago and so far have myself all the blue's, a red, a yellow and a black #2. Still going to take some time.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Yes, it's a fabulous set. So nice to see another complete graded one around. I think this makes 5 or 6 graded ones.

Not sure about the raws, I have known of 1 for sure, not sure if it's still around

Don't feel bad. I never was able to assemble a full set, either. Missed the #1 Black. ;)

There was a full set on eBay not a month ago, unless it was this one. That makes 3 full sets right there. I think I've seen at least one more, but would have to do some cache checking.

I started 3 years ago and so far have myself all the blue's, a red, a yellow and a black #2. Still going to take some time.

This is it...

And that makes "2" documented graded sets so far...

Edited by Snikt!1988

This is it...

Yep my new set is partially/mostly made up of the eBay set which was Snikt's

I made my set mostly by not low balling... I paid the fair price and in the past four years if you've seen a maxx ashcan be listed and "mysteriously" end early it's bc I didn't waste time and got a hold of the seller for a cash offer... I put forth serious effort; spared no expense... Bravo to BCphillips119...

Edited by Snikt!1988

This is it...

Yep my new set is partially/mostly made up of the eBay set which was Snikt's

So yours was the one that was for sale for 10k, tink and someone was the eBay username?

I've posted several times in the past on here... Better to look closely at the grades and serial numbers... Most of the posts have been mine I've posted my yellows my blacks etc.. As I pieced it together...

I guarantee there's not a documented third set...

Edited by Snikt!1988

K for clarification, there was a COMPLETE set selling for 10k, then I think the price lowered to 6k or something, not a month or two ago. The eBay user id was tinkandjools or something. It was on eBay, not here.

That would make the total 3 known complete sets, well graded. This is 4 known complete sets, the other one is a raw one I saw in my junior high days and might not exist anymore.

I still think there is one more graded set out there, looking though some old screenshots, but they might be the first documented set, from that female boardie who got all hers from a con years ago and had them graded.

K for clarification, there was a COMPLETE set selling for 10k, then I think the price lowered to 6k or something, not a month or two ago. The eBay user id was tinkandjools or something. It was on eBay, not here.

That would make the total 3 known complete sets, well graded. This is 4 known complete sets, the other one is a raw one I saw in my junior high days and might not exist anymore.

I still think there is one more graded set out there, looking though some old screenshots, but they might be the first documented set, from that female boardie who got all hers from a con years ago and had them graded.

That was my set on eBay...

Edited by Snikt!1988