• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

Can I ask something? When did this book start commanding over $2 G's in CGC 9.8? Last time I paid attention it was only going for a thousand in said grade.

I don't think it has ever sold for $2,000.

Wrong on that one slugger.... not only are i think at least 2 people asking $2,000 on ebay, but i do recall seeing some when you see what they sold for as well.

Once again it's great if you own one and you can say i have a Comic worth that amount, but if your in the market for one like i just was then it sucks lol

Asking price is a totally different story, Slugger. However, I dont believe there are any GPA recorded sales of a blue label for $2,000. If you can point us in the direction of one that was not captured by GPA, that'd be great. (Thumbs u

I stated that in my post prior, but the most one was sold for on ebay CURRENTLY was $1359.33 and that was won on a bid. i've been eyeing an Amazing #300 since eariler this year and i do recall seeing one sold for $2k. Ebay doesn't have sold prices from 6 months back.

i've been eyeing an Amazing #300 since eariler this year and i do recall seeing one sold for $2k. Ebay doesn't have sold prices from 6 months back.

GPAnalysis.com has Ebay sold prices back to 2002.

The highest price ever paid was $1,725 in 2006.

The highest price in the past 12 months was $1,358 in July.

The most over-hyped, over paid, ridiculously and undeservingly deified, baseball player of all time. Like in comics, the Walking De.... I'd better stop. I see pitchforks.

Regardless, he's still the most popular, most successful, and dare I say, most important NY sports figure of the last 50 years.

With that said, I understand your point and agree to some extent. And, that's coming from a lifelong Yankees fan. Dave Winfield was my hero and I endured hours of Mantle highlights as my dad reminisced on his childhood.

lol Joe Namath, Reggie Jackson, Clyde Frazier, and Mo Rivera might beg to differ with you. I'll give Jeter his credit where its due hell of a career and no brainer HOFer.

But I must tell you as a lifelong Redsox fan when Nomar was healthy Jeter could not hold his jock strap.

The most over-hyped, over paid, ridiculously and undeservingly deified, baseball player of all time. Like in comics, the Walking De.... I'd better stop. I see pitchforks.

Regardless, he's still the most popular, most successful, and dare I say, most important NY sports figure of the last 50 years.

With that said, I understand your point and agree to some extent. And, that's coming from a lifelong Yankees fan. Dave Winfield was my hero and I endured hours of Mantle highlights as my dad reminisced on his childhood.

Mantle was playing 50 years ago. Even Mattingly was a far better player. There's no doubt Jeter is a HoF player, I'll give him that. It's just that his game, while consistent, doesn't warrant the praise he gets. I can name 10 yanks that had more talent, just not as long a career for a variety of reasons. Players I'd pick before god Jeter.

Mattingly (pre-injury)

Mantle- I won't even waste words

Rivera

Munson (pre death)

Reggie

Ruth

Gehrig

Winfield

DiMaggio

Lefty

Mantle was playing 50 years ago. Even Mattingly was a far better player. There's no doubt Jeter is a HoF player, I'll give him that. It's just that his game, while consistent, doesn't warrant the praise he gets. I can name 10 yanks that had more talent, just not as long a career for a variety of reasons. Players I'd pick before god Jeter.

Mattingly (pre-injury)

Rivera

Munson (pre death)

Reggie

Ruth

Gehrig

Winfield

DiMaggio

Lefty

You felt the need to specify the period of his career you'd consider?

Mattingly (pre-injury)

Rivera

Munson (pre death)

Reggie

Ruth

Gehrig

Winfield

DiMaggio

Lefty

You felt the need to specify the period of his career you'd consider?

Yes.