• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

Boom.

Thanks for posting the census #s.

630 9.8s out of 9,160 graded copies. 9.8s only account for 6.8% of the graded population. I can easily see why buyers are paying 1k+ for this key copper.

(shrug)

I have been searching and searching for a good priced ASM#300 in 9.8 grading.... you can't seen to find one anywhere under $1000... i might start considering looking at a 9.6 grading now.

I don't think you can find a 9.8 below 1k now. The book will see a bump once we get more info about the movie. Really wish marvel had the rights.

Deals can be had if you are patient enough. I snagged a 9.8 for a tad under $900 last night. :headbang:

+1 on the movie rights wish

I have been searching and searching for a good priced ASM#300 in 9.8 grading.... you can't seen to find one anywhere under $1000... i might start considering looking at a 9.6 grading now.

I don't think you can find a 9.8 below 1k now. The book will see a bump once we get more info about the movie. Really wish marvel had the rights.

Deals can be had if you are patient enough. I snagged a 9.8 for a tad under $900 last night. :headbang:

+1 on the movie rights wish

well if one comes up i might decide to jump on it when time is right and so is my money.

As far as someone saying ASM#300 is a common book.... really??? how common are they?? you see them in conventions and in stores for a pretty hefty price. its not like something you'll find in a $1.00 bin.

That's because a #300 in damn near any condition is not a dollar book. Plenty of them were printed, especially when you consider that over 9,100 copies have been graded. These copies were predominantly bagged and boarded the day they were bought. Copies are out there. The book doesn't have an availability problem, it has a demand problem (by which I mean that it has a LOT of demand).

ASM #300 is my favorite issue of all-time, slightly ahead of Batman #232 which I consider a masterpiece.

#300 is a perfect comic, imo. Great art, great story, great new character, attractive cover, AND, as an extra bonus, it's double-sized. Feels great in the hands. Weighty.

I've had my copy for almost 20 years now and, believe me, it's beat. :grin:

Can I ask something? When did this book start commanding over $2 G's in CGC 9.8? Last time I paid attention it was only going for a thousand in said grade.

Edited by Mr 9.8

Can I ask something? When did this book start commanding over $2 G's in CGC 9.8? Last time I paid attention it was only going for a thousand in said grade.

I don't think it has ever sold for $2,000.

doh!

Boom.

630 9.8s out of 9,160 graded copies. 9.8s only account for 6.8% of the graded population. I can easily see why buyers are paying 1k+ for this key copper.

(shrug)

And you have the nicest copy on the planet. ;)

Boom.

(shrug)

And you have the nicest copy on the planet. ;)

Yes! I took it out of my cgc box to admire it today. I love it so much lol

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm adding my name to this list! A NM- copy for $160 + shipping.

Finally!!!

It'll be here on Monday.... which is the perfect timing for my birthday!!! My gf is awesome!!! I'll post picks when I get it.

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

Wrong on that one slugger.... not only are i think at least 2 people asking $2,000 on ebay, but i do recall seeing some when you see what they sold for as well.

Once again it's great if you own one and you can say i have a Comic worth that amount, but if your in the market for one like i just was then it sucks lol

Wrong on that one slugger.... not only are i think at least 2 people asking $2,000 on ebay, but i do recall seeing some when you see what they sold for as well.

Once again it's great if you own one and you can say i have a Comic worth that amount, but if your in the market for one like i just was then it sucks lol

Asking price is a totally different story, Slugger. However, I dont believe there are any GPA recorded sales of a blue label for $2,000. If you can point us in the direction of one that was not captured by GPA, that'd be great. (Thumbs u