• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

Just got mine back... Original copy I bought and read back when it came out! I guess if I hadn't read it, it may have been better!

IMG_9056.jpg

Congrats! Nice copy for an OO.

True dat! Don't c a whole lot of OP copies in high grade.

Great book!

Thanks to both of you!!

Now, I'm wondering if I should sub my 298, 299, and 301. Those were kept with the 300, so are probably pretty good too.

Edited by TankShiba

I have been searching and searching for a good priced ASM#300 in 9.8 grading.... you can't seen to find one anywhere under $1000... i might start considering looking at a 9.6 grading now.

I think the are reasonably going for $1000-1200 (and unreasonably be hawked on eBay for $1600-2000). Regardless, good luck with the search. They are likely headed up with the Venom movie coming. Hopefully they do a good job with the movie/-script/casting/special effects.

I have been searching and searching for a good priced ASM#300 in 9.8 grading.... you can't seen to find one anywhere under $1000... i might start considering looking at a 9.6 grading now.

I think the are reasonably going for $1000-1200 (and unreasonably be hawked on eBay for $1600-2000). Regardless, good luck with the search. They are likely headed up with the Venom movie coming. Hopefully they do a good job with the movie/-script/casting/special effects.

There's very little reason for anyone with enough knowledge to obtain a CGC 9.8 to sell it for less than $1000, unless you catch a dealer late on the last day of an unprofitable con and you're willing to buy his last 5 for like $850 per, and he's drunk.

I don't think you can find a 9.8 below 1k now. The book will see a bump once we get more info about the movie. Really wish marvel had the rights.

Thing being is how does say a 9.8 sell for about $1000 to almost $1500 dollars more then a 9.6 ?? i don't see the justification.... i feel people are just trying to cash in on this issue is all.

well i got lucky... i ended up getting a 9.6 copy for $399 !!! it wasn't so much a great steal but i feel it was a fair price. i'm still seeing a bunch of other 9.6 copies going for $600-$700 not even signed...

Thing being is how does say a 9.8 sell for about $1000 to almost $1500 dollars more then a 9.6 ?? i don't see the justification.... i feel people are just trying to cash in on this issue is all.

ASM 300 is a common book. There are A TON of 9.6 and below. Not so much 9.8s which is why it is fetching for higher prices.

ASM 300 is a common book. There are A TON of 9.6 and below. Not so much 9.8s which is why it is fetching for higher prices.

9160 graded, per the CGC Census

1880 graded 9.6

630 graded 9.8