• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, gadzukes said:

I thought so too.  I was even thinking 4.5 until I saw the piece missing from the splash.

The "non-verified but pretty much 100% Stan Sig" might have figured into the price too.

I'm biased, but I'm glad Pence copies are getting more recognition and legitimacy. 

Mike Pence collects funny books ?

On 11/12/2021 at 11:06 AM, VintageComics said:

I don't watch much hockey and yes, he was on the short side but every time I saw him hitting someone he was grinning like it was Christmas. lol

He was grinning cause he knew he couldn’t take a shot to the head lol 

These prices just keep climbing . I’m blown away but not surprised . As most other SA books went bananas AF15 didn’t see that jump immediately. It will level off and possibly drop but my gut feeling is it’s too important of a comic and hero to deny to a huge and hungry collector world. 

Everyone wants this comic , let’s not BS!

On 12/8/2021 at 3:08 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

AF15 CGC 7.0 Cream to off-white pages and marvel chipping at 218 500$ (includes 15% premium). Almost a full week left of bidding. Wonder what a top notch looking 7.0 with better paper quality brings in today's market?

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/929451

Whomever got the 6.5 on comiclink a couple days ago got a hell of a "deal".

-J.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:57 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

That sold a little over a month ago seller seemed in a rush his buy it now was 200k a few more days and he would have got is asking price. He had little patience I remember watching it and the offers coming in daily.

I'm talking about the "Stan Lee tailor" 6.5 that just sold at auction on comic link a couple days ago.  

-J.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:30 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Not everyone likes signatures on their books my guess without the signature would have sold for a lot more than 145k. I would never buy a signed comic book but that is me.

A much smaller amount of collectors buy signed books. Hey they enjoy it is a hobby let them have fun.

Agreed.  Signature placement would be critical deal breaker for me, along with the presentation of the signature if I were a collector of such things.  Some sigs look Really nice, while others look like a doctor's signature one gets on an order for a prescription

On 12/9/2021 at 12:30 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Not everyone likes signatures on their books my guess without the signature would have sold for a lot more than 145k. I would never buy a signed comic book but that is me.

A much smaller amount of collectors buy signed books. Hey they enjoy it is a hobby let them have fun.

It does have that unsightly scrawl across the bottom, not even verified, but it was otherwise well centered , no marvel chipping , nice presenting book, if you can overlook the unsightly scrawl all along the bottom.  

-J.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, Chief1332 said:
On 12/9/2021 at 12:30 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Agreed.  Signature placement would be critical deal breaker for me, along with the presentation of the signature if I were a collector of such things.  Some sigs look Really nice, while others look like a doctor's signature one gets on an order for a prescription

You mean like this fugly looking book with scrawled artwork all over it, where I am sure the unsigned one will sell for a lot more next Tuesday:  :fear:

50003600098000003926453001.jpg

On 12/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, Chief1332 said:

Not to mention the color touch removal..........

On 12/11/2021 at 11:52 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

Well, that's probably because it's listed on their much less travelled Exchange where a lot of potential bidders don't even bother to venture into.  (shrug)

If they want it to sell for top dollar, probably better to put it in a Featured Auction where there would be a lot more deep pocketed eyeballs lokking at the book.  (thumbsu

On 12/11/2021 at 2:38 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

This is still a 7.0 just at the bottom of that grade point in my opinion a true top notch 7.0 is nicer (I have seen many over the years) same goes for all grades.

May hit 300k.

What would this book grade out at if it did not have the chipping?  It looks like an 8 to 8.5 grade to me in which case the 7.0 with the chipping is a fair grade.

Edited by jeffreyk

On 12/11/2021 at 4:11 AM, UncleBEN said:

If it does I can guarantee a nice OW old label will hit the market. 

17941164-9F13-46E4-82C3-21406778D860_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.441d8aa78681bcbc127ec6a9235b0823.jpeg

Can't be a lot of original label AF15s floating around any more...great book.:yeehaw:

On 12/9/2021 at 12:04 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Whomever got the 6.5 on comiclink a couple days ago got a hell of a "deal".

-J.

That 6.5 went for only $145K on 12/6.   A nice haul, to be sure.  But I'm surprised no one mentions the ridiculous good fortune of the buyer of that blue 7.5 that fetched $156K on Heritage this past April 1.  That was before some of the spike, but still.  Just 8  months ago.   With the 7.0 already at $241500 on CC, a 7.5 is now a $300K+ book?   Just wow.  

Silver Age (1956-1969):Superhero, Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC VF- 7.5 Off-white to white pages....

Edited by Pantodude

On 12/13/2021 at 7:21 AM, Pantodude said:

That 6.5 went for only $145K on 12/6.   A nice haul, to be sure.  But I'm surprised no one mentions the ridiculous good fortune of the buyer of that blue 7.5 that fetched $156K on Heritage this past April 1.  That was before some of the spike, but still.  Just 8  months ago.   With the 7.0 already at $241500 on CC, a 7.5 is now a $300K+ book?   Just wow.  

Silver Age (1956-1969):Superhero, Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC VF- 7.5 Off-white to white pages....

Yeah I don't know about that 7.0.  The 5.5 in the same auction will have to go for around $100k for me to really believe that as a legit price point.  I mean I get the 6.5 on comiclink probably took a hit because of the hideous and unverified Stan Lee signature all across the bottom , but still...

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 12/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, KCOComics said:

That's what I was thinking. If not for that chipping,  that copy is stunning. 

It's not just the chipping.... it's the browning at the edge.  I always wonder if there is some brittleness on the extreme right edge when I see comics like this.

Otherwise, yes, this comic is stunning.  Such deep colors.