• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2023 at 4:10 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Always go with the best AF15 is still the best SA book this down will not last forever.

Well, another way to look at it is, just think of where this book was back about 5 or 6 years ago, and if you've held it through this time period, it still all comes up smelling like a sweet rose.  (thumbsu

On 3/14/2023 at 5:28 PM, KCOComics said:

$91,355

Any opinions here as to whether this is a good result or a poor result given the current market conditions?  hm

The problem that I see with books like this is that they tend to show up with multiple copies in every single auction.  So, there's clearly no longer any FOMO here because if you miss this one here, there'll always be another in the next auction coming up.  More like a reverse FOMO kind of thinking here. :(  (shrug)

On 3/14/2023 at 5:32 PM, lou_fine said:

Any opinions here as to whether this is a good result or a poor result given the current market conditions?  hm

On 3/14/2023 at 5:29 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Total crash on AF15 I am out took mine down not letting go at these low low prices. I rather die with it than sell this low. Can't believe it did not even reach 100k unbelievable. Never seen such a disaster in the SA in my whole life.

People treating Spidey as the plague never thought I would see the day!!!

Well, looks like I should have waited a few minutes because I got my answer right here.  :(

On 3/14/2023 at 5:36 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

This is worse than pre covid prices. Will take a few years to turn things around so be it.

Well, still much much better than having some of your money into the once high flying speculative Nasdaq stocks like Beyond Meat which was trading around $230 and now down at around only $18, Peleton once at over $150 and down around $10, Roku once at $470 and now down at $60, etc., etc., etc. and with these equity stocks having absolutely zero chance of ever reaching those covid pandemic highs again. :tonofbricks:  :tonofbricks::tonofbricks:

On 3/14/2023 at 5:51 PM, Batmanis#1 said:
On 3/14/2023 at 5:49 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, still much much better than having some of your money into the once high flying speculative Nasdaq stocks like Beyond Meat which was trading around $230 and now down at around only $18, Peleton once at over $150 and down around $10, Roku once at $470 and now down at $60, etc., etc., etc. and with these equity stocks having absolutely zero chance of ever reaching those covid pandemic highs again. :tonofbricks:  :tonofbricks::tonofbricks:

Tough times!!!

Much safer with the comics, especially with the HTF GA books which still seems to be hlding up for now.  (thumbsu

I guess with a lot of these HTF GA books, especially if no new copies have been graded for years and last one to market in grade was also years ago, if you want it and it comes to market, you just need to pay up or else it might be years later until another one comes around.  hm  :takeit:

On 3/14/2023 at 6:06 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

I paid 35k for mine but now way would I sell at these prices it is not worth it.

What time period was this when you had to pay only $35K for your copy?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

A 1.5 was over $39K . So they are also dropping. It is basically a Marvel super Key thing. AF15, X-Men 1 maybe Hulk 1# although I have not checked. 

FF 1# also down but nowhere near as much, but then again never jumped that much either. So yeah the talk of X-Men 1# being SA number 2 book and AF15 closing on Tec 27 may have been premature.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:14 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

So yeah the talk of X-Men 1# being SA number 2 book and AF15 closing on Tec 27 may have been premature.

So was the crazy talk for while there about CGC 9.8 graded copies of TMNT  hitting a miilion dollars.  :screwy:

I always said that with all of the uber HG copies (i.e. CGC 9.8 or 9.6) already slabbed and so many more  to come for that book, it would most likely see $100K again before hitting a million dollars.  hm  (shrug)