• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Did everyone see the remaindered cover that sold on ebay?

All-things-comics has been cleaning up on ebay with two AF15s that he has parted out.

Some of the pages he sold twice (not sure what that's about, draw your own conclusions).

If you add up the cover plus the 16 interior pages (using the lower sold prices) you get a total of $6106. That's a pretty nice return on a stack of individual pieces plus a remaindered cover.

Here's the list. All of these are from All-Things-Comics

-Remaindered cover went for $2026.

-page 2 went for $420 but then sold for $405

-page 3 went for $586

-page 4 went for $800 but then sold for $405

-page 5 went for $620 but then sold for $480

-page 6 went for $740 but then sold for $536

-6th wrap went for $1625

-page 7 went for $66 (kind of shocking that it went so low)

-centerfold wrap went for about $500

-page 10 went for $105

-page 11 went for $112

-page 12 went for $382

-a different page 12 went for $350

-page 13 went for about $250

-a different page 13 went for $210

-page 14 went for $148

-a different page 14 went for $111

-page 15 went for $120

-page 16 went for $94

Wow, are these numbers for real? This is like 8k for piecing it out. That seems like way too much or am I crazy?

Here's the list. All of these are from All-Things-Comics

-Remaindered cover went for $2026.

-page 2 went for $420 but then sold for $405

-page 3 went for $586

-page 4 went for $800 but then sold for $405

-page 5 went for $620 but then sold for $480

-page 6 went for $740 but then sold for $536

-6th wrap went for $1625

-page 7 went for $66 (kind of shocking that it went so low)

-centerfold wrap went for about $500

-page 10 went for $105

-page 11 went for $112

-page 12 went for $382

-a different page 12 went for $350

-page 13 went for about $250

-a different page 13 went for $210

-page 14 went for $148

-a different page 14 went for $111

-page 15 went for $120

-page 16 went for $94

Wow, are these numbers for real? This is like 8k for piecing it out. That seems like way too much or am I crazy?

In few years it will seem like a bargain it ''always'' does over time with AF15. It will most likely be valued at 10 000$ by then for a CGC 0.5.

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

If you add up the cover plus the 16 interior pages (using the lower sold prices) you get a total of $6106. That's a pretty nice return on a stack of individual pieces plus a remaindered cover.

Some of the wraps were from a 2nd copy. The total came to $6106 (if you use the lower sold prices). Still $6106 for what amounts to a .5 copy is outstanding I think.

Some of the wraps were from a 2nd copy. The total came to $6106 (if you use the lower sold prices). Still $6106 for what amounts to a .5 copy is outstanding I think.

People who wants to own a piece of history or have Stan Lee sign one wrap (without breaking the bank).

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Got this decent 5.0 copy off a mutual friend - but I'm a little worried.

First off the date stamp that everyone's talking about looks weird - smudged...6/7 or something?

And the bottom left is cracked, not sure if post is intact so wondering if it got swapped or something.

Am I maybe too paranoid? Looks like a decent copy, got it at a decent price.

Thanks!

-Willy

167390.jpg.876e692443893c7b7363d42663706dd9.jpg

167391.jpg.2739af557e9eb0ea6cb7b3f8dcdb06d8.jpg

First off the date stamp that everyone's talking about looks weird - smudged...6/7 or something?

And the bottom left is cracked, not sure if post is intact so wondering if it got swapped or something.

Thanks!

-Willy

Certification #: 0177961001

Title: Amazing Fantasy

Issue: 15

Issue Date: 8/62

Issue Year: 1962

Publisher: Marvel Comics

Grade: 5.0

Page Quality: OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Grade Date: 04/08/2011

Category: Universal

Art Comments: Stan Lee story

Steve Ditko art

Jack Kirby cover

Key Comments: Origin & 1st appearance of Spider-Man

(Peter Parker).

1st appearance of Uncle Ben & Aunt May.

Coming Soon: Purchase CGC Grader Notes

A book cracked out of the slab would leave the slab in pieces. Your book looks correct or even better than the assigned grade. I would say the corner just got banged up either by being dropped or shoved too forcefully into a short box.

If you are still leery, i will swap you straight up for my 4.5 copy with a perfect slab :)

Thanks!

-Willy

I would have CGC re holder it then you will have peace of mind and the current state of the CGC will not get worse over time (it is the same as a windshield on a car with a small dot that becomes a long crack over time). I do not believe anything is wrong with your AF15 just a crack in the CGC holder I have seen this many times and CGC will re holder it at a low cost.

As far as the ''smudge'' that is nothing.

Thanks! Great people here, and great books!

-Willy

Another reason to have it put in a new CGC holder there are people like me that will simply not buy a book if there is a crack in the CGC case. I live in Canada so it would be a lot of trouble and risky for me to send such a book to CGC to have it put in a new CGC holder. When I buy a book I always ask the seller to verify and make 100% sure there is no crack. It happened to me once and luckily I knew the seller and he paid for me to send it back to him then he sent back to CGC then sent it back to me here in Canada. That was ComicLink but truth be told I would not do this with just anybody I trust them.

Maybe this is one of the reason you got it a ''good price'' maybe the previous owner just did not want to go threw the hassle of having CGC put it in a new holder. But this is just speculation on my behalf.

You should buy a CGC pro slab to protect the CGC case once you get it put in a new CGC holder they sell them on Ebay just make sure to buy one that is for the newer type CGC case.

Thanks!

-Willy

Willy - looks good to me, solid looking for the grade, slight MC but not really that noticeable. Date stamps are personal preference. As for the slab, for sure I'd send to CGC to re-holder (it will just cost you shipping there and back plus $15). No more than $100 all-in. I'd send it USPS registered mail. Plus it will put your mind at ease once they have the book and would let you know if there was anything to be concerned about. Congrats!