• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

thanks. swear to God I went to exchange box and typed in Amazing Fantasy 15. Regardless, what's the piece that may or may not gonna fall off? Above the "n" in "Amazing?"

Edited by NoMan

7 minutes ago, NoMan said:

thanks. swear to God I went to exchange box and typed in Amazing Fantasy 15. Regardless, what's the piece that may or may not gonna fall off? Above the "n" in "Amazing?"

yup

I admit that i'm a cheerleader here for af15.   I dont want to cheer too hard b/c im actively buying more.  The 8.0 and 5.0 sales has set a higher bar for all the grades in between. Be interesting to see what 7.5 will go for.   I assume people are gonna ask between $125k(7.0) and $235(8.0) money. 

Edited by Spiderturtle

6 minutes ago, paul747 said:

If these higher prices on AF #15 are here to stay, a  mess Ton of Similar silver age first appearances are STEALS right now!

That is for sure nothing has increased much over the last 2 years except for AF15. SC22 is picking up but that is about it (Maybe Hulk 1 just a little bit).

Edited by SC22

My son lives in San Diego and for the last 6 years we go to SDCC. At SDCC 2016 he was wanting to invest in a comic so I told him AF 15 would be solid 5 to 10 year investment. I had a nice looking 3.0 at the time and I made him a great deal and sold it to him for $9000 when market was around $12K. He was thrilled when I told him recently Clink sold a 3.0 for $16,700. Since I made him a great deal we agreed if he sells within 2 years of purchase he has to split profit with me, any sale after the 2 years is all his. I'm thrilled it's doing so good for him. I told him it's done in 15 months what I expected it to take 10 years.

As for mentioning other keys being undervalued I had my TOS 39 9.0 at C2E2 and Heroes for $45K. I offered it to a NY dealer for $42K but no sale. Then I got to thinking with this insane market what if it becomes the next must have high grade comic and is selling for $75K in next couple years. Anyway it's now off the market.

47 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

My son lives in San Diego and for the last 6 years we go to SDCC. At SDCC 2016 he was wanting to invest in a comic so I told him AF 15 would be solid 5 to 10 year investment. I had a nice looking 3.0 at the time and I made him a great deal and sold it to him for $9000 when market was around $12K. He was thrilled when I told him recently Clink sold a 3.0 for $16,700. Since I made him a great deal we agreed if he sells within 2 years of purchase he has to split profit with me, any sale after the 2 years is all his. I'm thrilled it's doing so good for him. I told him it's done in 15 months what I expected it to take 10 years.

As for mentioning other keys being undervalued I had my TOS 39 9.0 at C2E2 and Heroes for $45K. I offered it to a NY dealer for $42K but no sale. Then I got to thinking with this insane market what if it becomes the next must have high grade comic and is selling for $75K in next couple years. Anyway it's now off the market.

That is a very cool story congrats to your son on his AF15!! I still think in terms of rarity and importance SC22 is still the most undervalued book in the top 50. I also see Action Comics 252 as been a much bigger player in 5 to 10 years.....yes it has slowed down over the last while but Supergirl has lots of fans and the book is tough to find in general (compared to other books in the top 50) and especially in 6.0 and higher. As for Marvel I think one day FF1 is going to increase a lot in CGC 6.0 and lower. I don't own a FF1 but would for sure like to buy one in CGC 6.0 some day and hopefully before that happens.

Edited by SC22

1 hour ago, lhcomics said:

Earlier this summer, I sold a TOS 39 in 8.0 by consignment for a higher price than any recorded in GPA.  With that said, there are so few sales of this comic in high grade in GPA that the previous prices don't serve as much of a guide for today.

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

A 7.0 just sold for 125K on ComicLink. If that piece comes off :eek: there goes 50K

This is actually the third 7.0 to sell in this price range in the last couple of weeks. 

Comiclink sold their other 7.0 with "white pages" on the label for  $130k, and Greg Reece sold a 7.0 off from his site in that ballpark as well.  Unfortunately none of these will reflect on GPA.

-J

Edited by Jaydogrules

27 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

This is actually the third 7.0 to sell in this price range in the last couple of weeks. 

Comiclink sold their other 7.0 with "white pages" on the label for  $130k, and Greg Reece sold a 7.0 off from his site in that ballpark as well.  Unfortunately none of these will reflect on GPA.

-J

Not sure of the 7.0 white on cl, according to cl they said it went unsold

5 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Are you sure ?  I saw it with a $130k offer (still consistent with these other two selling prices) and then *poof*.

-J.

I hope i'm wrong but i talked to the cl guys directly and that seller was firm on his $150 asking price.  After this $125k sale, he might achieve such a price

19 hours ago, namisgr said:

Earlier this summer, I sold a TOS 39 in 8.0 by consignment for a higher price than any recorded in GPA.  With that said, there are so few sales of this comic in high grade in GPA that the previous prices don't serve as much of a guide for today.

There's 3 different 8.0 on cl.  Surprised the last hasnt sold yet.

image.jpg