• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, SC22 said:

We will see more of this and doubters will accept the new AF15 price reality.

There are no doubters.

I simply offered an explanation as to why the 1st 3 books went for extremely strong prices and I (and others said) that if the market accepted those record prices as the new market range then higher prices would follow.

For the record there were a few AF #15s for sale in Chicago and non of them sold to my knowledge. Even the ones at old asking prices.

17 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

There are no doubters.

I simply offered an explanation as to why the 1st 3 books went for extremely strong prices and I (and others said) that if the market accepted those record prices as the new market range then higher prices would follow.

For the record there were a few AF #15s for sale in Chicago and non of them sold to my knowledge. Even the ones at old asking prices.

The buyer and seller have to be at the right place at the right time. Personally I would not pay money to go from Canada to Chicago just to buy a comic book. I much rather go threw a reputable seller online.

By the way I have no issue with you.....we don't have to agree with one and other but that does not mean we both don't have some valid points.

Edited by SC22

2 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:
5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, since the book is already sitting at $83.2K, it really doesn't have much further to go before it hits the $92K mark.

After all, many of the bigger books pretty well doubled in price at the end of their last auction from where they were sitting at a few days prior to their auction end day.  hm

So you think this will double? lol :baiting:hm

No, but I believe a measly 11% bump to put it past the $92K mark is more than achievable at this point in the auction, with still several days left to go.  :makepoint:   :D

Edited by lou_fine

26 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

There are no doubters.

What is your take on that? that seems odd, correct?

43 minutes ago, paul747 said:
1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

There are no doubters.

What is your take on that? that seems odd, correct?

Doesn't appear odd at all as it actually seems to be the prevailing pattern here.

It seems that it is primarily the major auction houses, and CC in particular, that are able to generate market leading top dollars for their nicer copies of AF 15's.  Although the more traditional dealers are trying to follow suit in terms of these price increases, they do not seem to be able to sell their copies at close to the same pricing levels as evident by several sales after the last CC auction back in March.   (shrug)

In terms of GA books, it's much clearer to see the same phenomenon with the much in-demand pre-Robin 'Tec books, where it always seems to be CC that is setting the pricing records and then seemingly pulling the rest of the market up to these new pricing levels.  hm  (thumbsu

18 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Doesn't appear odd at all as it actually seems to be the prevailing pattern here.

It seems that it is primarily the major auction houses, and CC in particular, that are able to generate market leading top dollars for their nicer copies of AF 15's.  Although the more traditional dealers are trying to follow suit in terms of these price increases, they do not seem to be able to sell their copies at close to the same pricing levels as evident by several sales after the last CC auction back in March.   (shrug)

In terms of GA books, it's much clearer to see the same phenomenon with the much in-demand pre-Robin 'Tec books, where it always seems to be CC that is setting the pricing records and then seemingly pulling the rest of the market up to these new pricing levels.  hm  (thumbsu

Some people simply trust a company and stick with it....I know I do. For me it's either ComicLink, Heritage or ComicConnect and rarely Ebay (if I can avoid it I will....but if I have no choice it has to be with a very reputable dealer). I purchased 2 of my books on Ebay my Hulk 1 CGC 4.5 and my Cerebus 1 CGC 8.0 but that is when I started buying more expensive books.

I would buy at a comiccon but never bothered to attend one here in Canada.

Edited by SC22

9 hours ago, SC22 said:

The AF15 CGC 5.0 with a lot of MC on ComicLink sold this evening for 36 000$ (based on what was said here that means it sold for 30% less than a copy with no MC....so a little over 51 000$)!!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1176537&id=1176537

10K a point up to 6.0 now seems about right for books with no MC.

I think the market is at 6-8k for 4.0-6.0. 

Still 5-6k for 3.5 and under (always exceptions)

there are plenty of copies available in the market right now that haven't sold that are priced at that. 10k is outlier only at this point. 

Edited by G.A.tor

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

I think the market is at 6-8k for 4.0-6.0. 

Still 5-6k for 3.5 and under (always exceptions)

there are plenty of copies available in the market right now that haven't sold that are priced at that. 10k is outlier only at this point. 

Right. I think the books that are selling at strong prices now like in the Clink auction (after the record price CC auction) are books that buyers are starting to feel pressured to buy because they don't want to take a chance at a new price increase.

And they are probably people who don't read this thread.

The reason Chicago copies aren't selling is because the panic hasn't reached the street crowd. An auction house casts a much wider publicity net for buyers than a single comic con.

There was a very nice CGC 6.5 being shopped privately around in Chicago at what would be below current record prices as per CC auction that dealers didn't buy.  That should tell you something.

19 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Right. I think the books that are selling at strong prices now like in the Clink auction (after the record price CC auction) are books that buyers are starting to feel pressured to buy because they don't want to take a chance at a new price increase.

And they are probably people who don't read this thread.

The reason Chicago copies aren't selling is because the panic hasn't reached the street crowd. An auction house casts a much wider publicity net for buyers than a single comic con.

There was a very nice CGC 6.5 being shopped privately around in Chicago at what would be below current record prices as per CC auction that dealers didn't buy.  That should tell you something.

Not everybody on here is a dealer (strange, but true).  

What should that tell us? (shrug)

-J.

19 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I'll venture that it tells us no dealer at Chicago thought they could buy the copy and then sell it easily for a clear profit.

I agree.  Who walks around with 20k in their pocket?

19 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I'll venture that it tells us no dealer at Chicago thought they could buy the copy and then sell it easily for a clear profit.

I agree.  Who walks around with 20k in their pocket?

21 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I agree.  Who walks around with 20k in their pocket at a comic con?  I feel that a collector buying a book like this wouldn't buy it at the show.  They may work out some arrangement with the dealer at the convention.

Dealers would be looking for the quick flip...

Edited by piper