• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

+1

I've also heard the same thing from both consignors who complain and buyers who are happy that the actual books looks much better in real life as opposed to whatever scans or pictures that CC are sometimes using in their auction listings.  hm

I think we all know the example of the DD 1s above are not real life auction scans and results (although I'm amazed at the difference in the 2 scans). 9 of 10 books would be returned if the book was scanned white, then sent out to a client in its natural state. Real life is CC, HA, and CL scans are pretty close to reality. Every book I've purchased (and sold) from these auction houses have been close to the scans provided. Roy is right in that photoshopping, scanning, digital photography, etc, has come a long ways in recent years.

And there's nothing wrong with asking questions about a book even if it is slabbed. CGC misses things and/or is lax on certain items. Auction houses have customer service people who can help. Use them.

Edited by peewee22

3 hours ago, peewee22 said:

I think we all know the example of the DD 1s above are not real life auction scans and results (although I'm amazed at the difference in the 2 scans). 9 of 10 books would be returned if the book was scanned white, then sent out to a client in its natural state. Real life is CC, HA, and CL scans are pretty close to reality. Every book I've purchased (and sold) from these auction houses have been close to the scans provided. Roy is right in that photoshopping, scanning, digital photography, etc, has come a long ways in recent years.

And there's nothing wrong with asking questions about a book even if it is slabbed. CGC misses things and/or is lax on certain items. Auction houses have customer service people who can help. Use them.

I've used cc customer service to get a different scan of the cc af15 cgc 7.5

5 hours ago, VintageComics said:

That's one of the things that has changed the most about the chat forum.

It used to be about the comics. Now it's about talking comics up or down.

I really doubt on conversation about the current has affected the current cc af15 cgc 7.5.   It's currently at $92,200.  Whoever is bidding on it doesn't really care whatever i think or say.  Which is good b/c my question is irrelevant, especually if one is gonna spend $92k on it

3 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I really doubt on conversation about the current has affected the current cc af15 cgc 7.5.   It's currently at $92,200.  Whoever is bidding on it doesn't really care whatever i think or say.  Which is good b/c my question is irrelevant, especually if one is gonna spend $92k on it

We thinking 100k+ on this book? Wow!

27 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

We thinking 100k+ on this book? Wow!

At this rate, it certainly looks like it will go over 100K with almost 4 days left. I think Spiderturtle is right - whoever is bidding on the 7.5 really wants it for whatever reason - he loves Spidey/thinks it can be improved/fear of being left on the sidelines as prices escalate etc - same for the 6.5 which is sitting at a 60K -even with Cream to Off White pages

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

At this rate, it certainly looks like it will go over 100K with almost 4 days left. I think Spiderturtle is right - whoever is bidding on the 7.5 really wants it for whatever reason - he loves Spidey/thinks it can be improved/fear of being left on the sidelines as prices escalate etc - same for the 6.5 which is sitting at a 60K -even with Cream to Off White pages

I'm thinking you hit the nail on the head here, Jeff.  People using the "better get it now, while you still can" mentality.  Sometimes that's a good decision, sometimes it's not.

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

I've used cc customer service to get a different scan of the cc af15 cgc 7.5

The 7.5 CC book is nice, has some toning...you can see the original grays at the bottom. Upgradeable? I doubt it. That scuff on the spine is there to stay.

1.jpg

1 minute ago, peewee22 said:

The 7.5 CC book is nice, has some toning...you can see the original grays at the bottom. Upgradeable? I doubt it. That scuff on the spine is there to stay.

1.jpg

Good point on the original gray on the bottom and some on the right side too

4 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Good point on the original gray on the bottom and some on the right side too

For some reason the yellows don't seem bright. Most AF15s have canary yellow letters. Maybe the toning has caused this dullness. Or maybe it's the scan.

Not knocking the book. It's very nice and other than the spine scuff, it might grade higher.

Edited by peewee22

14 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

1.jpg

One last thing on this book, i attempted to purchase notes and for some odd reason-cgc doesn't have it in their database.  I talked to 2 cgc employees, Bree of cgc confirmed to me that the notes  weren't available.  Maybe this bidder is not an expert collector.  Fresh to the hobby bidder?  Hard to fathom spending that much mula and not having grader notes.  1st time ever that had such an experience with grader notes.  

Edited by Spiderturtle

2 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

One last thing on this book, i attempted to purchase notes and for some odd reason-cgc doesn't have in their database.  I talked to 2 cgc employees, Bree of cgc confirmed to me thats weren't avaialable.  Maybe this bidder is not an expert collector.  Fresh to the hobby bidder?  Hard to fathom spending that mula and not having grader notes.  1st time ever that had such an experience with grader notes.  

CGC stopped graders notes archiving. Not sure when.

I have a copy of mine to keep with my book.  CGC told me what each grader graded pertaining to my book. 

Good idea to get the notes.

10 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

One last thing on this book, i attempted to purchase notes and for some odd reason-cgc doesn't have it in their database.  I talked to 2 cgc employees, Bree of cgc confirmed to me that the notes  weren't available.  Maybe this bidder is not an expert collector.  Fresh to the hobby bidder?  Hard to fathom spending that much mula and not having grader notes.  1st time ever that had such an experience with grader notes.  

That's odd. Since this book was graded in 2009, it may take CGC up to 24 hours for them to provide grader's note.

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

+1. Last three, sold for over 82.5, 87K, 85K...most likely will reach there. The days when 7.5 were stagnant between 55-60K's are gone.

14 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

That's odd. Since this book was graded in 2009, it may take CGC up to 24 hours for them to provide grader's note.

Waited more 24h. Waited 4 business days actually, nada was the end result

1 minute ago, Spiderturtle said:

+1

+2

Hulk 1 has fallen way behind in 7.5 and lower. Wonder when it will start making a run....if it does make a run that is.

Edited by SC22