• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

I think much has to do with not many being offered up during the buying "frenzy" that started back in March '17.  Not gonna get too into it, but looks like the 6 and 6.5s were a bit late to the party, so to speak.  So, now that the market has "cooled" a bit, you are seeing lower price points for them in that range.  There seems to be quite a few copies up for bid nowadays, but still, very few with no or very little MC.  I believe you'll see a definite POP come May/June next year and it should become the new norm.  Guessing 65-70k for a 6.0 and 75-80k for a 6.5 wouldn't be too far of a stretch albeit, nice looking no MC copies.  IMO 2c

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Hakes has a 7.5

lollll lucky you pointed that out that would have been the last place I would have ever looked!! Well geez they have 2 AF15's!! They seem to have a lot of cool vintage toys though!!

Edited by SC22

13 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

I think much has to do with not many being offered up during the buying "frenzy" that started back in March '17.  Not gonna get too into it, but looks like the 6 and 6.5s were a bit late to the party, so to speak.  So, now that the market has "cooled" a bit, you are seeing lower price points for them in that range.  There seems to be quite a few copies up for bid nowadays, but still, very few with no or very little MC.  

Yep, the big 2017 price spike fueled by those early Spring sales brought copies out into the market this year in abundance. The upcoming Heritage auction will be a good indicator of the current market with 11 low to mid-grade copies available at once (not to mention all the other copies available on the market). (thumbsu

Edited by drbanner

well, my 5.0 sold handsomely in Sept early, not spring  but I repeat my self. I don't know of others since then that fit the current projections.

I deleted all of my files in the phone today of the AF15 from before it was slabbed and it still had no chips. FF 4 as well as the rest. Kind of a wistful moment as all that wonderful bright color went by. I'm looking forward to getting my Dr Strange Stuff from Bob in mid winter. Reading the old Thor's helps. 

8 hours ago, drbanner said:

Yep, the big 2017 price spike fueled by those early Spring sales brought copies out into the market this year in abundance. The upcoming Heritage auction will be a good indicator of the current market with 11 low to mid-grade copies available at once (not to mention all the other copies available on the market). (thumbsu

Yes and no most have MC and a lot of it to like the CGC 6.0 and CGC 6.5.

Edited by SC22

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I wouldn't say that. Downturn perhaps.

Well GPA says last sale (at least recorded by GPA) of 7.0 was in Nov. 2016 for around 65k.  100k sale one year later is pretty ok. 

Maybe sale prices were escalating at such a jaw dropping level that is just what we were becoming accustomed to

12 minutes ago, comicquant said:

What're the comps at this grade (7.0)?  Doesn't seem like too bad of a buy price...

I think they were going 115-125 ? Not really sure.

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Well GPA says last sale (at least recorded by GPA) of 7.0 was in Nov. 2016 for around 65k.  100k sale one year later is pretty ok.

I'm pretty sure 7.0s were fetching a LOT more than 100K this year.

1 example:

From HighGradeComics

Amazing Fantasy #15   CGC 7.0 F/VF $130,000 SOLD
Edited by Gotham Kid