• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2021 at 8:11 PM, KCOComics said:

$15,600 for this .5 missing 3 pages that does affect the story. 

Safe to say, this book is on fire.  

"Missing pages 13, 14 and 15. Incomplete"

Spiderman story is on first 6 pages (the missing centerfold in my 0.5 is pages 8 and 9).

Edited by snitm

I don't think I could justify spending that much on a comic (15k) without selling off other books to fund a purchase.  It's unlikely that if I got into collecting now that I could prioritize the purchase of an AF 15.

Who is buying these books?

3 hours ago, piper said:

I don't think I could justify spending that much on a comic (15k) without selling off other books to fund a purchase.  It's unlikely that if I got into collecting now that I could prioritize the purchase of an AF 15.

Who is buying these books?

That is what made me target the AF15 myself. I didnt think I could afford it, but given the runup in bronze and copper, I think it's definitely feasible. I think as more people figure out attainable it is if you sell some of the "hot" comics now, the AF prices will rise. If people start looking to buy these, especially in the lower grades, you'll see it's not that easy to find. There aren't many coming to market right now. 

Let's look at two hot books. ASM 300 and Dark Horse Clone Wars 1 variant. They are both going for $8K and $15K approx for each. If you told me two years you'd trade me a Fantasy 15 for both of those, I'd think you're crazy and make the trade in a heartbeat. Given today's prices its actually a fair trade. That should tell you how overhyped some keys are. 

Edited by Lpgk

17 hours ago, jeffreyk said:

This book had a small piece of tape on cover.  42600 for this book was  a very good sale due to this.  

considering two 4.0s sold on ebay for $50K+ in the past couple weeks, I'd say this is a steal. seriously, a tiny piece of tape cost $10K? LOL

6 hours ago, Lpgk said:

considering two 4.0s sold on ebay for $50K+ in the past couple weeks, I'd say this is a steal. seriously, a tiny piece of tape cost $10K? LOL

Who knows exactly how much the tape hurt the price, but it doesn't help.  Bottom line is many buyers will not bid on a book with tape on it, no matter how big or small.  I also think 50k for a 4.0 is on the high side and do not expect sales in that range very often.  I have seen 4.5s go in the mid 40s as well.  

The nice-looking AF15 6.0 has been sitting at $66K for a while, but there are still two days left on this Heritage auction.   That would be a steal, especially in light of the recent sales discussed above and the most-recent 6.0 sale at $96K in April.  But it is unlikely this book slips through the cracks since 369 folks are tracking it (assuming the trackers are deep-pocket types).   :popcorn:

Edited by Pantodude

Holy webs!   We all know IH#1 is tough in grade due to the dark cover, and that is on top of there being fewer IH#1s overall compared to all other early SA Marvel keys except for TTA27.  But AF15 is actually tougher in all grades compared to IH#1 except for grades 9.2, 9.4, 9.6 and....1.0!   You read that right.  AF15 in grades 1.5 through and including 9.0 enjoys STRICTER percentiles on the CGC census than even IH1.  For example, an AF15 in 9.0 is top 1.1%, 7.0 is top 7.1%, and 6.0 is top 13.2%.  By contrast, an IH1 in 9.0 is top 1.6%, 7.0 is top 9.2%, and 6.0 is top 16.5%.   Wow.  So there you have it.  Having just 1/3 dark front cover (brown) was enough to make AF15 super-tough in grade like IH#1.      

Edited by Pantodude
typo

8 hours ago, Pantodude said:

Holy webs!   We all know IH#1 is tough in grade due to the dark cover, and that is on top of there being fewer IH#1s overall compared to all other early SA Marvel keys except for TTA27.  But AF15 is actually tougher in all grades compared to IH#1 except for grades 9.2, 9.4, 9.6 and....1.0!   You read that right.  AF15 in grades 1.5 though and including 9.0 enjoys STRICTER percentiles on the CGC census than even IH1.  For example, an AF15 in 9.0 is top 1.1%, 7.0 is top 7.1%, and 6.0 is top 13.2%.  By contrast, an IH1 in 9.0 is top 1.6%, 7.0 is top 9.2%, and 6.0 is top 16.5%.   Wow.  So there you have it.  Having just 1/3 dark front cover (brown) was enough to make AF15 super-tough in grade like IH#1.      

Is there gonna be a test on this? Damn, I’m confused!

15 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Glad I got my nice looking 6.5 for 35k 5 years ago or so. I could not afford it now at 100k or more.Won't be a seller will set it aside with all my other key books and enjoy owning them as along as I possibly can.

I'm Glad I got my 4.5 for 8k, 7 years ago :) 

17 hours ago, drmanhattanite said:

Not a barn-burner. 

262004718_ScreenShot2021-06-18at4_46_41PM.thumb.png.69c02c3086af05ad30505c93d11ea7e0.png

I wonder if the PQ and the creasing on the top right kept some buyers away. 

I’m also wondering if the “I promise to empty your college/401k/savings collection took the glory from the AF 15.

Edited by DocHoppus182
Thought