• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anybody seen this FF movie promo??

38 posts in this topic

I saw some of the classic Marvel sarcasm in the preview. If they round off their personalities with some decent effects I think it will be better than I first thought--though I don't think it will top Spidey. The Dr Doom mask looked too Green Goblinish to me-though they picked a good player potentially for the villian.

BTW, thanks for the link!

yeah - - that twisting slow takeoff was very cool, wasnt it?

Perhaps Doom will be fine with just a mask and a black Armani suit, less like a super villain. But a mask does scare me after Green Goblin fiasco. Hard to act with a full face mask on, and hard to watch serious dialogue too!

well, it seems the people involved on this project are taking it seriouslly. i just hope it will honor the richness of the characters/story and the artists who created them.

not asking for a spidey movie, but at least one that's far away from the ridicouslly fiascos of DD and Hulk...that would be already great.

now let the speculators prices start to re-shape the guide values of comics, that have been frozen for decades, 27_laughing.gif.

always thought that story/characters domain it was at the same level as the other big ones (spidey, x-men, etc...).

regards

Definitely going to be better than Daredevil or the Hulk and perhaps even give X-men a run for its money. They didn't f#$% with the origin too much by the looks of things. 893applaud-thumb.gif Now, if only that JC guy would start posting again. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Only by him trashing it as fanboy [#@$%!!!] will I truly know it will be good movie. tongue.gif

1st - thanks for the LINK............ thumbsup2.gif

loved the look of the Torch. loved the Thing in his trenchcoat. loved sue storm for just about everything. not too sure about mr fantastic or Doom. but this is only a small initial taste.

agree that the origin - except for Doom will be pretty true to form.

can't wait for the next one that will give us more than 5-10 seconds snippets.

here's hoping that it turns out to be a good one............... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Can someone post a link here, I can't get to it?

The link is correct... it's a zip file that will start downloading when you enter the address into your browser. Once it downloads, unzip it and it should start playing.

(It's worth it! Very cool.)

The link is correct... it's a zip file that will start downloading when you enter the address into your browser. Once it downloads, unzip it and it should start playing.

Rocketeer on the CPG boards says the clip is bogus. Here's what he said:

"That is a bogus clip. Someone spliced that from interviews with the cast. Alot (almost all) the space footage is from Armageddon, even where they split the asteroid. The thing throwing the car is from the Playstation game that came out a few years ago."

Rocketeer on the CPG boards says the clip is bogus. Here's what he said:

"That is a bogus clip. Someone spliced that from interviews with the cast. Alot (almost all) the space footage is from Armageddon, even where they split the asteroid. The thing throwing the car is from the Playstation game that came out a few years ago."

well, if that's true, they're certainly talented little fanboys........ blush.gif

The Dr Doom mask looked too Green Goblinish to me-though they picked a good player potentially for the villian.

I didn't mind it, nor did I see any huge difference between the one MacMahon was wearing and the one from the comics. Only major difference I noticed was that it doesn't look like there are openings so you can see his eyes and the scarred flesh around them through slits in the mask.

You can definitely tell it's a fake...that shot of the Thing swinging the car definitely looked like some awfully crappy CGI. Doesn't surprise me that came from a video game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the shot of the Torch was from a cut-scene in the same game, although I never played it and that's just pure speculation.

I actually kinda want to try that game out now...anybody played it? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The Dr Doom mask looked too Green Goblinish to me-though they picked a good player potentially for the villian.

I didn't mind it, nor did I see any huge difference between the one MacMahon was wearing and the one from the comics. Only major difference I noticed was that it doesn't look like there are openings so you can see his eyes and the scarred flesh around them through slits in the mask.

You can definitely tell it's a fake...that shot of the Thing swinging the car definitely looked like some awfully crappy CGI. Doesn't surprise me that came from a video game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the shot of the Torch was from a cut-scene in the same game, although I never played it and that's just pure speculation.

I actually kinda want to try that game out now...anybody played it? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I've never even HEARD of such a game? confused.gif

But yeah, that scene did look rough. I just figured it was because it was a rough cut and not a "true" trailer.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think that promo was bogus, but I also don't think it was intended for release. A lot of effects production houses are working on various shots of the movie, and this might be the type of thing that they get so that the effects are uniform throughout the film. That's why it was letterboxed and had "Property of Fox" on the shots. I think that also explains why some shots were still very rough. I'd think that Fox would be pissed that this got out, and someone will be getting a call from Fox's lawyers or the production team.