• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Showcase14-1.jpg

Mmmmm! Mr. Element's intro!

element11.jpg

:cool:

Mr. Element seemed very mysterious to me as a kid. I'd seen his picture gracing the cover of the Flash Annual that was given the glorious full page house ad treatment by DC in the summer of 1963 but I was unable to find that Annual on any newstand.

Aug63ad1_zps754b96ec.jpg

He didn't make a reappearance until the September 1964 issue of the Flash which was more than six years after his first appearance.

:juggle:

The reprint of STAR SAPPHIRE mentioned in the FLASH ANNUAL is from ALL-FLASH #32.

<a  href=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1655/23928995139_be3e306f97_z.jpg' alt='23928995139_be3e306f97_z.jpg'>IMG STAR SAPPHIRE from ALL-FLASH #32

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

Also, I want to tip my hat to the person who beat me on the Pacific Coast copy 9.6 of Showcase 55 on clink. It finished at $4200. I really wanted that one. Maybe the nice price will pull out some other copies to try my luck again. :wishluck:

I know who has it, his girlfriend bought it for him :D

Also, I want to tip my hat to the person who beat me on the Pacific Coast copy 9.6 of Showcase 55 on clink. It finished at $4200. I really wanted that one. Maybe the nice price will pull out some other copies to try my luck again. :wishluck:

Dang. I have always been happy that my wife bought me a $35 comic, once. lol

Dang. I have always been happy that my wife bought me a $35 comic, once. lol

Puts you ahead of most of us, bro! lol

@Sam I am

Thank you for the congrats. She likes to spy on me when I'm watching certain books or auctions. I have a list of books that I'm usually looking to cross of my list and when she gets hold of it, I sometimes end up with one as a surprise. She asked me after the auction, how the book ended. I told her 4200 and that the new owner was going to love that book since it was such a sharp copy. She responded with.. good.. because you are the new owner lol

showcase%2055%20cgc%209.6%20pacific%20coast_zpswm4kdzlw.jpg

Edited by Timeless icons

@Sam I am

Thank you for the congrats. She likes to spy on me when I'm watching certain books or auctions. I have a list of books that I'm usually looking to cross of my list and when she gets hold of it, I sometimes end up with one as a surprise. She asked me after the auction, how the book ended. I told her 4200 and that the new owner was going to love that book since it was such a sharp copy. She responded with.. good.. because you are the new owner lol

That's fantastic!

I'm going to print this story out and make my wife read it once a week. I've got a list right beside my laptop that I update every time I make a purchase, and never once has she bought me something on the list.

I'm starting a revolt.

@Sam I am

That's fantastic!

I'm going to print this story out and make my wife read it once a week. I've got a list right beside my laptop that I update every time I make a purchase, and never once has she bought me something on the list.

I'm starting a revolt.

:roflmao:

uh oh.. I see a pm from a vexed forum members wife in my future. :shy:

Who knows.. maybe she will surprise you one day. One never knows. (thumbs u

Now that's a woman you need to marry!

She's a great girl and definitely a rare type of person but I did that once. Never again. It's a bachelor life for me. :insane:

Most of us get a dud the first time around Mike. :lol:

You may be right my friend.

lol

Not to rub it in but she was also responsible for this beauty for this past Christmas, among a few others. :cloud9: I believe I had posted it in another thread recently but since this is a thread dedicated to Showcase, I don't see the harm in posting it here.

Showcase%2030%20CGC%209.4%20OWW%20Bethlehem_zpsziwx9ige.jpg

Edited by Timeless icons

Not to rub it in but she was also responsible for this beauty for this past Christmas, among a few others. :cloud9: I believe I had posted it in another thread recently but since this is a thread dedicated to Showcase, I don't see the harm in posting it here.

Showcase%2030%20CGC%209.4%20OWW%20Bethlehem_zpsziwx9ige.jpg

Man, what a book. White pages too. For some reason, I don't see Bethlehem's with white pages too often. May be that I just don't look in the right places though!

While I'm happy that it does have white pages, as long as a book has good centering and presents well, I'd be ok with ow or better. I've never bought a book with cream or tan pages and even if its a huge key, I don't see myself doing so. I've passed up some really nice books with cream pages. I just can't get attached to a book with that page designation.