• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exciting Comics #18 Question

13 posts in this topic

Probably a dumb question but I just got a batch of books back. One was a copy of Exciting #18. When I looked through the census, I noticed two entries for this issue. One that is dated 3/1942 and one for 4/42. The 3/42 issue has had 3 copies graded and the 4/42 just one which appears to be this copy. Was this normal for a publisher to do this. Is this like a second printing?

I know about the October and November releases of Marvel Comics #1 but I would doubt sales of Exciting #18 would prompt another printing. All the books I have seen show April on the cover so should the ones that currently 3/42 actually be 4/42.

Just a CGC error? I actually have another copy of #18 in for grading now so I'm wondering what that label will say.

Slap me around for my ignorance and the banality of this post - it's Friday :foryou:

Link to the census

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/searchresults.asp?title=exciting+comics&matchtype=anywhere&issue=18

My copy

1701140927441.jpg

I don 't know the answer but I have a March copy

Exciting18-1.jpg

Kinda odd because the word "April" is printed on the cover. I wonder if the indicia might say "March"? Or it could just be some more CGC label confusion.

:hi: @ Telerites "the guy who sold me my first golden age books on the board" :)

Hey Griff :hi: I'm glad you're still hooked on GA books and so involved. I like the nice Don Winslow books you're collecting. Best of luck building your collection :)

yup narrowed my focus down a bunch, I still have my Schomburg hooded villain books though and wont be getting rid of those ! I have recently decided to work on the Don Winslow's & man it is so much easier lol