• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade my Detective Comics 62

22 posts in this topic

I'm curious to hear opinions on this one.

Nice page quality (White) and great colors and gloss. But has light water stain on front and back cover. Goes only to the front and back cover. Book lays perfectly flat.

Top left corner tear only goes through cover about 40-50% length of the color break. Top staple has some rust.

White vertical line is on scanner, finally getting new scanner next week.

Detective62_zps0b720be8.jpg

Detective62BK_zps52dcc6f9.jpg

Thanks of the comments. I'll likely send this one in, but I'm going to guess higher than 4.0. I think this one might surprise some people, Its not typical of water damaged books. I think because of the overall state of preservation, white pages and gloss it will get a bit of a bump, but we'll see. Dolores had some sweet books.

Thanks again, Scott

Thanks of the comments. I'll likely send this one in, but I'm going to guess higher than 4.0. I think this one might surprise some people, Its not typical of water damaged books. I think because of the overall state of preservation, white pages and gloss it will get a bit of a bump, but we'll see. Dolores had some sweet books.

Thanks again, Scott

CGC has shown leniency on water damage on lower midgrade GA at times, despite their reputation for "hammering" stains. I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up a CGC 5.0, but it does seem a roll of the dice with them. Regardless of how they grade it, it's a nice looking book.

Taking some photos today so I thought I would add a few more pics.

Trying to show more detail although they came out a little bright. Was trying to show gloss in the top one.

Tec62_zpsf3349120.jpg

tec62_2_zpsdf425dbe.jpg

tec62inside_zpsa847416c.jpg

inside62_zps6c4dd184.jpg