• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bat-Girl vs Batgirl

22 posts in this topic

Is there a DC historian or anyone here that can explain this to me. Bat-girl first appeared in Batman 139 in 1961 while Batgirl Barbara Gordon was first in the much more well know Tec 359 in 1967. Was the "original" someone different or what exactly is the difference?

I mean even the most trustworthy site, Wikipedia shows Barbara Gordon but noted the first appearance as Bats 139. Why is Tec 359 the much more sought after issue? Are these in fact 2 different people.

Forgive my ignorance, while I like both Marvel and DC I still relatively "new" to DC.

Yeah the original Batgirl was Betty Kane.

Tec 359 is more sought after and valuable because Barbara Gordon is still around today, and is most assosciated with the Batgirl persona.

Plus, Babs is hotter (thumbs u

Yeah the original Batgirl was Betty Kane.

Tec 359 is more sought after and valuable because Barbara Gordon is still around today, and is most assosciated with the Batgirl persona.

Plus, Babs is hotter (thumbs u

I disagree. I'm still a fan of the original Bat-Girl:

Bat-Girl_zps93346c8b.pngbat-girl8_zpscb9d1984.jpg

:luhv:

Yeah, but Babs is not afraid to let it all hang out :D

But what about all those great up-skirt shots with which the original Bat-Girl treated Robin (and the rest of us)?

Bat_Girl_Betty_Kane_zps5df6a7d9.jpgbetty_kane_zpseb4635ec.png

Wearing that micro-mini to give him those occasional sneak peeks was all of course part of her campaign to lure the young fellow into her boudoir:

Bat-Girl_h0_zps3889d287.jpgBatman159-08_zps1f58a56e.jpgBatman159-16_zpsd9d50c60.jpgbatman139_32jpgd_zps843d8609.jpgbatgirl7_zpsba2357b4.jpgbat-girl05_zps1d762dcf.jpgbatman_141_30_zpsda487f40.jpg

Robin of course took his cue from Batman and manfully resisted her blandishments. For a while anyway:

Bat-Girl9_zpsc619b4d9.pngbat-girl9_zpsac0c4b3b.png

I guess Batman must have eventually explained to Robin that women weren't all bad and did have their uses....

;)

I thought this was a thread with pics of the two of them pillow fighting.... :sorry:

Give us time. We'll degenerate ELEVATE this thread yet.

Fixed!!