• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January CLink Auction... what'd ya win?

149 posts in this topic

To go with my Four Color 596 also in a 7.0...

Paid $10 over GPA but now I have the first two appearances of the Dino Hunter in a 7.0.

RAD8788520131230_9811.jpg

To go with my Four Color 596 also in a 7.0...

Paid $10 over GPA but now I have the first two appearances of the Dino Hunter in a 7.0.

RAD8788520131230_9811.jpg

Love those early Turok covers! (The stories not so much.)

I had to Work overtime and missed the book I bid on because I wasn't there to bid :cry: did anyone win the cap 76?

Not me. Went for $653. Well over guide and the last sale shown in GPA from a couple of years ago, but not a bad price for a book you don't see that often.

Whenever I miss a book by not being around to bid, I always tell myself "The other guy's bid was probably way more than I was willing to pay, so if I had bid, I would only have driven up the price he paid and still have lost." It's BS, of course, but it makes me feel better. :D

I had to Work overtime and missed the book I bid on because I wasn't there to bid :cry: did anyone win the cap 76?

Not me. Went for $653. Well over guide and the last sale shown in GPA from a couple of years ago, but not a bad price for a book you don't see that often.

Whenever I miss a book by not being around to bid, I always tell myself "The other guy's bid was probably way more than I was willing to pay, so if I had bid, I would only have driven up the price he paid and still have lost." It's BS, of course, but it makes me feel better. :D

I was bidding on the Cap 76 as well. I walked away after a certain point. Something else I want more.

This will be my first time ever using c link. I'm watching the cap 76 they have. It will be my first GA cap pickup as well if I win.

That went for a lot but I'm not surprised at all...

About 3 years ago I tried to get a copy of that book and was surprised then at what it sold for!

Here's a question though... the one book I was after I got, but as I watched the timer count down to zero and close, the book stayed at one price but when I got the email stating that I won the book, it was now $18 more. :shrug:

Does that mean that there was a last second bid that didn't register in time?

This will be my first time ever using c link. I'm watching the cap 76 they have. It will be my first GA cap pickup as well if I win.

About 3 years ago I tried to get a copy of that book and was surprised then at what it sold for!

I thought it would have went for closer to $800, those Atlas Cap books are going to break out one day because they're a cool anomaly within the original run.

I thought it would have went for closer to $800, those Atlas Cap books are going to break out one day because they're a cool anomaly within the original run.

I agree... to tell the truth that is why I grabbed that Submariner issue at the last minute. I honestly don't see them available with any real frequency. I see more of the 40's Timely's than the 50's Atlas books.

I just checked GPA on that Submariner book and the last time any copy of that book sold was 2011 with only 7 copies sold at all since 2006 if I am reading GPA correctly.

Here's a question though... the one book I was after I got, but as I watched the timer count down to zero and close, the book stayed at one price but when I got the email stating that I won the book, it was now $18 more. :shrug:

was the $18 equal to 3%? I know they have a "Buyers premium" vig added (which I think they'll rescind if you pay by check/mo)

was the $18 equal to 3%? I know they have a "Buyers premium" vig added (which I think they'll rescind if you pay by check/mo)

Or someone raised the bid by $18 at the VERY last second and it was not enough to overtake your winning bid.

No, I watched it close at $93 but got the email saying it was $111 and that's what shows up in my winning bid list.

Oh well... just a glitch I guess.

Or someone raised the bid by $18 at the VERY last second and it was not enough to overtake your winning bid.

That must be it...

And I REALLY like that Sub Mariner 41 that you picked up!