• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January CLink Auction... what'd ya win?

149 posts in this topic

Won these last night. I wrote about a couple I didn't win in my journal.

FantasticFour13163_zpsbce89e60.jpg

nice grab on the FF, I always feel like the raws get ignored in these auctions and represent a good chance at "bargain"

nice grab on the FF, I always feel like the raws get ignored in these auctions and represent a good chance at "bargain"

And for me 13 is a sleeper key. Not sure it will ever break out, as the nature of the watchers is probably not conducive to hype, they are neither protagonist nor antagonist, but it is an important early marvel none the less.

A great pick up!

And for me 13 is a sleeper key. Not sure it will ever break out, as the nature of the watchers is probably not conducive to hype, they are neither protagonist nor antagonist, but it is an important early marvel none the less.

A great pick up!

FF13 (1st watcher) is getting some heat thanks to a current Marvel event...

A great pick up!

FF13 (1st watcher) is getting some heat thanks to a current Marvel event...

I didn't say it wouldn't rise, rather that I don't think it will be subject to the same level of irrational exuberance as other books.

I do think it has a good upside, hence why I called it a sleeper key.

This will be my first time ever using c link. I'm watching the cap 76 they have. It will be my first GA cap pickup as well if I win.

good luck Nick, but you probably shouldn't mention the book you are bidding on.

Thanks hector. Why shouldn't I say the name of the book I'm bidding on?

Agreed on the Rocky Mountains. The original sales were definately "pedigree inflated". And now they are correcting back down.
The ending bids on several of the Pacific Coasts were about twice what I would have paid, so there is still some wiggle room there.

This will be my first time ever using c link. I'm watching the cap 76 they have. It will be my first GA cap pickup as well if I win.

brings additional attention to the book you are looking at, which could increase the number of bidders etc.

brings additional attention to the book you are looking at, which could increase the number of bidders etc.

hm got you.....well if I win it I'd love that but if I don't I'm sure Ill find another (thumbs u .....

bid on nothing but am weeping looking at realized prices. high grade later Silver DC have pretty much collapsed right across the board. B&B #73 9.6 $287, last reported sale $500. without bothering to check, i can pretty much guarantee the RM Actions sold for 1/2 or less what they did the first go round.

Thankfully, none of the sales will find their way into GPA, at least

Thanks. I think I got it for a fair price ($163), but I wouldn't call it a bargain. I'll probably submit to CGC, it'll be interesting to see if it hits the c-link advertised grade (4.0). Overstreet has this in VG at $210, so it hits 4.0 then financially it was probably a good buy. What matters more to me is it has a nice looking clean cover, and now I can check it off my FF want list (just 9 more to go)