• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January CLink Auction... what'd ya win?

149 posts in this topic

I won the Cap 76 and my max bid was substantially higher than what I paid. This was one of only two books I needed to finish my Atlas superheroes set and it comes around so infrequently (much easier to find Cap 77 and 78) that I didn't really care what I paid. Now I just need to find a Sub-Mariner 39 and I'm done.

Mike

Congratulations on winning that book!

I suppose to acquire something that awesome, the right approach is... "whatever it takes"!

I won the one book I was watching. :cloud9::headbang::banana:

Was looking for a copy for awhile. A 2.0 sold for just over 900.00 a short time ago that I was an under bidder. Hard to gauge if this was a good price or not because this comic does not change hands a lot. Love this cover. :cloud9: But the cover stain looks like the guy messed his pants. :sick:

65e8e91b0655ef0103b795da64159e47_zps5059dde3.jpg[/img]

:applause: Awesome (worship)(worship)(worship)

Was looking for a copy for awhile. A 2.0 sold for just over 900.00 a short time ago that I was an under bidder. Hard to gauge if this was a good price or not because this comic does not change hands a lot. Love this cover. :cloud9: But the cover stain looks like the guy messed his pants. :sick:

65e8e91b0655ef0103b795da64159e47_zps5059dde3.jpg[/img]

Congrats Frankie! I'm really glad you won that! :applause::headbang:

I had a fairly weak bid on that with an eye to go back, but after winning the two books I got my funds were depleted. I'm really pleased you picked that up.

Was looking for a copy for awhile. A 2.0 sold for just over 900.00 a short time ago that I was an under bidder. Hard to gauge if this was a good price or not because this comic does not change hands a lot. Love this cover. :cloud9: But the cover stain looks like the guy messed his pants.

I had a fairly weak bid on that with an eye to go back, but after winning the two books I got my funds were depleted. I'm really pleased you picked that up.

Thanks bro! I figured you were also interested. I was shocked I won it. After seeing the ending price for the 2.0 copy auction, it made me rethink what I was willing to pay for a copy.

Was looking for a copy for awhile. A 2.0 sold for just over 900.00 a short time ago that I was an under bidder. Hard to gauge if this was a good price or not because this comic does not change hands a lot. Love this cover. :cloud9: But the cover stain looks like the guy messed his pants.

Thanks bro! I figured you were also interested. I was shocked I won it. After seeing the ending price for the 2.0 copy auction, it made me rethink what I was willing to pay for a copy.

It went for a little less than I was expecting (I thought around $1500 would get it) relative to that 2.0 eBay result, but then the 2.0 went for significantly more than I expected. I think you came out ahead in the end having to wait for this copy.

I got outbid on 2 of 3.

Hulk 105 8.5 WP went well above GPA I believe.

I gave up pushing higher, regrettably, on the Tales of Suspense 98 Boston copy. It went for about $100 less than last sale in 2012.

Sooo, I set my sights elsewhere and settled on and old label Thor 147 9.4 WP less than GPA.

Planet Comics #73

Far and away my favorite Planet Comics cover. Looks so ahead of its time. Like something that I'd expect Steranko to draw. Thought I got this for a pretty good price ($175) considering last close GPA sale was $239 for a 4.0. Think this is a pretty sharp copy with nice deep colors and not too much wear presentation wise.

5edmCl3.jpg

Just 'wow'. I always say I want one of the atomic age space covers and keep putting off buying one. Usually I look at EC Weird Fantasy and Weird Science to get an idea for a perfect book. I need to keep a mental of note of this book in case I run across one again. Usually I stick to Marvel and DC for Golden and Atomic Age with a few Disney books. This is the cover that is going to make me stray.

Awesome pickup.

Lost the one thing I REALLY wanted...

That GI Joe page with Clutch and Stalker was the prize I was hoping for tonight. Clutch was the first Joe I ever received as a kid and Stalker was the third. That page would have been great but I couldn't justify going any higher so I wound up being the underbidder.

:(