• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January CLink Auction... what'd ya win?

149 posts in this topic

Here's a question though... the one book I was after I got, but as I watched the timer count down to zero and close, the book stayed at one price but when I got the email stating that I won the book, it was now $18 more. :shrug:

Does that mean that there was a last second bid that didn't register in time?

was the $18 equal to 3%? I know they have a "Buyers premium" vig added (which I think they'll rescind if you pay by check/mo)

No, I watched it close at $93 but got the email saying it was $111 and that's what shows up in my winning bid list.

Oh well... just a glitch I guess.

I haven't had it happen, but have heard other people say that CLink's on-screen timer can be out of synch with when the auction closes. Or else, bids don't register exactly when they are made. Or something. Basically, their site ain't state of the art.

Here's a question though... the one book I was after I got, but as I watched the timer count down to zero and close, the book stayed at one price but when I got the email stating that I won the book, it was now $18 more. :shrug:

Does that mean that there was a last second bid that didn't register in time?

was the $18 equal to 3%? I know they have a "Buyers premium" vig added (which I think they'll rescind if you pay by check/mo)

No, I watched it close at $93 but got the email saying it was $111 and that's what shows up in my winning bid list.

Oh well... just a glitch I guess.

I haven't had it happen, but have heard other people say that CLink's on-screen timer can be out of synch with when the auction closes. Or else, bids don't register exactly when they are made. Or something. Basically, their site ain't state of the art.

Thank you! :)

Thanks on the compliments on the Submariner pick up

Also added these to my Spider-man 101-200 set...

Picked them up for little more than half GPA

RAD8A70B201413_144117.jpg

RAD79FD6201413_144745.jpg

I had to Work overtime and missed the book I bid on because I wasn't there to bid :cry: did anyone win the cap 76?

Not me. Went for $653. Well over guide and the last sale shown in GPA from a couple of years ago, but not a bad price for a book you don't see that often.

Whenever I miss a book by not being around to bid, I always tell myself "The other guy's bid was probably way more than I was willing to pay, so if I had bid, I would only have driven up the price he paid and still have lost." It's BS, of course, but it makes me feel better. :D

I would've bought it for more then that 653 I was willing to go a few hundred more to be honest. I worked OT and would have made it if I hadn't got called in to another place where I applied at to just be told I'm to immature. Sorry I'm venting.....had a garbage day today! But when I finally made it Home I did have this waiting for me

f964a5ad6d22bcaacd5112a6540ff817.jpg

And I won this

5c893704aae6f34c57e7bf9e50f4d299.jpg

Thanks on the compliments on the Submariner pick up

Also added these to my Spider-man 101-200 set...

Picked them up for little more than half GPA

RAD8A70B201413_144117.jpg

RAD79FD6201413_144745.jpg

Nice I was watching the 9.4/9.6 BA Spidey's tick down and said to myself someone is going to seriously upgrade some of their books on the cheap.

WOW!!! :o ASM #238 1st Hobgoblin at 9.9 ($5000) sold for more than the ASM 129 at 9.8 ($4901). I mean I know it's a 9.9 and the 1st app of Hobby and I can't imagine what astronomical figure the ASM 129 would ever sell for if it were ever to achieve a 9.9 but seriously? It's also not the only one. Was there some new movie hype I missed or is this just a case of 2 reech beeches wanting it at any cost?

WOW!!! :o ASM #238 1st Hobgoblin at 9.9 ($5000) sold for more than the ASM 129 at 9.8 ($4901). I mean I know it's a 9.9 and the 1st app of Hobby and I can't imagine what astronomical figure the ASM 129 would ever sell for if it were ever to achieve a 9.9 but seriously? It's also not the only one. Was there some new movie hype I missed or is this just a case of 2 reech beeches wanting it at any cost?

I saw that myself too and though :o

I settled for the 9.4 at $152 :grin:

9.9's make some people go crazy.

Absolutely... There is a mystique about 9.9 Spider-man books. Amazings in 9.9 obviously take precedence but then almost anything generates interest. The only ones I have ever won were the black and regular green covers of Spider-man 1 and the only reason I won those is because they are common.

Did I miss something???

Why is a NM #98 CGC 9.8 going for $375 as I type this?

They usually go a couple bucks higher.

Where have you been for the past 2 years?

A top Copper age book that is now a blue chip book for that age.

Deadpool is becoming a household name now.

Did I miss something???

Why is a NM #98 CGC 9.8 going for $375 as I type this?

They usually go a couple bucks higher.

Where have you been for the past 2 years?

A top Copper age book that is now a blue chip book for that age.

Deadpool is becoming a household name now.

Because it hadn't finished and was close to a price you can get it for elsewhere when you factor shipping/customs.

I struck out. One I left the race because I wouldn't get it at a deal and the other I lost to an over bidder. I don't want to overpay by over 25% for something I know will come around again. Congrats to the other winners.

I won the one book I was watching. :cloud9::headbang::banana:

Was looking for a copy for awhile. A 2.0 sold for just over 900.00 a short time ago that I was an under bidder. Hard to gauge if this was a good price or not because this comic does not change hands a lot. Love this cover. :cloud9: But the cover stain looks like the guy messed his pants. :sick:

65e8e91b0655ef0103b795da64159e47_zps5059dde3.jpg[/img]

I won the Cap 76 and my max bid was substantially higher than what I paid. This was one of only two books I needed to finish my Atlas superheroes set and it comes around so infrequently (much easier to find Cap 77 and 78) that I didn't really care what I paid. Now I just need to find a Sub-Mariner 39 and I'm done.

Mike

This month there were a good number of Golden Age Sci-Fi books that caught my eye. I had 3 books that I had strong interest. One, Captain Science #5, went above what I was willing to pay, but the other two came in under my ceiling so I got them for decent prices (under GPA, under OSPG)

Journey into Unknown Worlds #37 (#2)

Great Bill Everett cover, and has one of my favorite outer space misnomers, being in open space with exposed skin! (he has short sleeves on, she has a skirt).

PD9Z9r8.jpg

Planet Comics #73

Far and away my favorite Planet Comics cover. Looks so ahead of its time. Like something that I'd expect Steranko to draw. Thought I got this for a pretty good price ($175) considering last close GPA sale was $239 for a 4.0. Think this is a pretty sharp copy with nice deep colors and not too much wear presentation wise.

5edmCl3.jpg

If I'd of known the other two books were going to go under my max I'd have over spent on the Captain Science 5, but there are always more fish in the sea. Couple of more books in my sights tonight, we'll see if they stay "affordable"

This month there were a good number of Golden Age Sci-Fi books that caught my eye. I had 3 books that I had strong interest. One, Captain Science #5, went above what I was willing to pay, but the other two came in under my ceiling so I got them for decent prices (under GPA, under OSPG)

Journey into Unknown Worlds #37 (#2)

Great Bill Everett cover, and has one of my favorite outer space misnomers, being in open space with exposed skin! (he has short sleeves on, she has a skirt).

PD9Z9r8.jpg

Planet Comics #73

Far and away my favorite Planet Comics cover. Looks so ahead of its time. Like something that I'd expect Steranko to draw. Thought I got this for a pretty good price ($175) considering last close GPA sale was $239 for a 4.0. Think this is a pretty sharp copy with nice deep colors and not too much wear presentation wise.

5edmCl3.jpg

If I'd of known the other two books were going to go under my max I'd have over spent on the Captain Science 5, but there are always more fish in the sea. Couple of more books in my sights tonight, we'll see if they stay "affordable"

Two really nice presenting books for the grades. I agree that Planet cover is a knockout. (thumbs u