• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con - August 1-3! Zeck, Wolfman, Steranko & Wrightson!

289 posts in this topic

We expand our Exhibitor Hall from 75K to 200K sqft.

We will go to all corner booths -- quads -- clusters of four 10'x10' booths, in order to maximize aisle space.

That's significant, and a huge help for those of us who need the extra side.

We will widen our aisles.

We will add a double wide central aisle, running the length of the hall.

We have refined our autograph area following the Nashville & Indy events & don't expect to have the same lines issues from '13.

We will dedicate staff to the docks on load-in & load-out. I will be personally overseeing this component.

I can picture you with a well-worn clipboard, plaid shirt and faded jeans, barking out orders on the dock in a nuanced 50's Brooklynese accent, chomping on an unlit cigar as you curse the heavens. That might be worth the price of admission by itself.

I can source affordable labor for dealers in need of help.

That will certainly come in handy for some.

Jive, stay at home with your inventory if you like, stop in for some shopping over the weekend, & then decide on next year.

I'm more then likely going to go, provided I can nail down a few neighboring spots with people I know and trust. I appreciate the fact you guys are being proactive and learning from past experiences, which is the only way to keep things moving forward.

On-site grading would be awesome!

The three big media guest will not be there Friday. It does not list what days the comic book guest will be there. Can we assume that if days are not listed they will be there all three days? I would like to attend on just Friday but if half the guests are missing then I might need to rethink which day I will show up.

It looks like Jim Steranko has been added to the guest list!!!

On-site grading would be awesome!

The three big media guest will not be there Friday. It does not list what days the comic book guest will be there. Can we assume that if days are not listed they will be there all three days? I would like to attend on just Friday but if half the guests are missing then I might need to rethink which day I will show up.

It looks like Jim Steranko has been added to the guest list!!!

All guests are in attendance for all 3 days unless otherwise noted. :)

As we get closer to the show, it would be great if we could get a heads up on the quickest way to get in. I'd like to get in there and start spending money on artists and dealers rather than waiting in line with a bunch of japanimals.

It would be awesome if some of the local shops were preselling tickets or even wristbands where there is a quick way to get or just walk in without a ridiculous line.

If it's like last year, I'm just walking in like a whole lot of people did. Why wait in line to pay to get in when you can just walk right through the door?

Are you guys still doing an Orlando show in the fall?

We expand our Exhibitor Hall from 75K to 200K sqft.

We will go to all corner booths -- quads -- clusters of four 10'x10' booths, in order to maximize aisle space.

That's significant, and a huge help for those of us who need the extra side.

We will widen our aisles.

We will add a double wide central aisle, running the length of the hall.

We have refined our autograph area following the Nashville & Indy events & don't expect to have the same lines issues from '13.

We will dedicate staff to the docks on load-in & load-out. I will be personally overseeing this component.

I can picture you with a well-worn clipboard, plaid shirt and faded jeans, barking out orders on the dock in a nuanced 50's Brooklynese accent, chomping on an unlit cigar as you curse the heavens. That might be worth the price of admission by itself.

I can source affordable labor for dealers in need of help.

That will certainly come in handy for some.

Jive, stay at home with your inventory if you like, stop in for some shopping over the weekend, & then decide on next year.

I'm more then likely going to go, provided I can nail down a few neighboring spots with people I know and trust. I appreciate the fact you guys are being proactive and learning from past experiences, which is the only way to keep things moving forward.

The loading/unloading was a nightmare. Being told we had "10 minutes!!!!!!" to unload and move was pretty crappy. I tried to get some of that help last time too, but was told by the actual helpers that it was unavailable! lol. Outside of this situation, it was a great show. Just hated the dock situation with the Union "Help" barking at us!

The loading/unloading was a nightmare.

True.

I'm going to be there on the dock at load-in & load-out, handing out $20 & 50's to union thugs & venue goons if I have to.

No one's with Yancy.

Here's the current guest list of comic creators. Not all of them are listed on the website yet.

Comic guests:

1) Marv Wolfman

2) Don Kramer

3) Joe DeVito

4) Keith Pollard

5) Mike Grell

6) Ezra Tucker

7) Julian Totino Tedesco

8) Jim Steranko

9) JD Spurlock

10) Dave DeVries

11) Paolo Rivera

12) Joe Rivera

13) Jeremy Bastion

14) Andrew Robinson

15) Jose Delbo

16) Brian Kong

17) Dave Johnson

18) Alan Kupperberg

19) Tony Harris

20) Cullen Bunn

21) Scott Kolins

22) Greg Land

23) Bob McLeod

24) Ron Wilson

25) Frank Brunner

26) Frazetta Girls

27) Bill Sienkiewicz

Here's the current guest list of comic creators. Not all of them are listed on the website yet.

Comic guests:

1) Marv Wolfman

2) Don Kramer

3) Joe DeVito

4) Keith Pollard

5) Mike Grell

6) Ezra Tucker

7) Julian Totino Tedesco

8) Jim Steranko :o

9) JD Spurlock

10) Dave DeVries

11) Paolo Rivera :)