• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JESSE EISENBERG IS LEX LUTHOR

98 posts in this topic

Eisenberg already played the real life Lex in The Social Network. This will feel like a sequel to him.

The reason the avengers worked so well was they built up to it in baby steps. Several movies giving the characters a chance to grow. This just seems like they're trying to throw as many celebs at the screen and make a JLA movie in one shot. I still think the problem is producer Jon Peters. They should have never let him near the franchise.

The first half of Man of Steel you could see Nolan and Snyder's influence, the second half with one ridiculous action sequence after another was all Peters.

I hope I'm proven wrong but the casting on this film is not looking good.

Eisenberg already played the real life Lex in The Social Network. This will feel like a sequel to him.

I was close to dismissing Eisenberg as Luthor, but totally forgot about that movie.

Based on his performance in the Social Network, I definitely think that he'll be fine.

The problem is that people want a bald, older Lex. Either one works for me personally.

Exactly. I actually like the choice when I think about that movie. It could be a fresh take on what most of us will agree is a pretty played-out character.

He hasn't really impressed me in any movie yet, but I'd love to be surprised. I can kinda see the potential. Let's just wait and see.

Eisenberg is very good at being simultaneously nervous and smug. I give him credit for having consistently chosen good material. I found him very effective in "Adventureland" (Kristen Stewart was good in that too). He was also a great fit for "The Social Network."

I had heard rumors that they were considering Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor. That would have been interesting, but it would basically have been Lex Heisenberg.

The "Superman" and also "Batman" movies are definitely different from the experience I had reading them as a kid. "Superman" was the first comic I really loved, based on a giant-sized reprint anthology I got at the Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio when I was probably about 6 years old (too short to go on the good roller coasters). I found it imaginative, powerful, but also really witty and whimsical. The whimsy is completely lost in the modern version of Superman. There is no Mr. Myxlplyk.

If I were hired to write/direct a Superman movie, the villain wouldn't be Luthor, it would be Mr. Mxyzptlk . I'd like to see a whole movie based on Mr. Mxyzptlk. Now THAT would be a challenging casting decision.

I like the take on Luthor in the Superman: Red Son (Elseworlds) storyline. Less of a mad scientist/criminal, and more a guy so fiercely intelligent that he doesn't think taking on someone as powerful as Superman and neutralizing him is any big challenge. I can see Eisenberg a la The Social Network working in this sort of role, giving the character a more contemporary, less over-the-top-supervillain-y edge.

144642.jpg.b704dc6dcd027ce04aa414dfce0c69de.jpg