• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JESSE EISENBERG IS LEX LUTHOR

98 posts in this topic

They have to establish lex luthor in the Superman/DC/moviverse. But let's hope again that he's not the same old real estate baron fool character, and that they don't make him Suoermans great nemesis, just a powerful resourceful enemy.

. MOS was so dark that I don't think we have to worry about Lex being a comical bad guy at all though.

How about if they make him a beer guzzling, two-bit actor that just plays a villain? Nahhhh, who would do something that stoopid? hm

I can only imagine how disappointing that sort of twist would affect my enjoyment of a movie.

:D

BURBANK, CA, January 31, 2014 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Jesse Eisenberg has been set to star as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Alfred in the upcoming Zack Snyder untitled Superman/Batman film. The dual announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

I'm out! :makepoint:

Jeremy Irons is a BAD choice. When was the last time he was in a big grossing movie?

He is far too Jeremy Irons to be believable in this role. He is almost a caricature of Jeremy Irons no matter which character he is supposed to be.

Sucks!!

I wish DC could do something right. The material deserves it!

He is far too Jeremy Irons to be believable in this role. He is almost a caricature of Jeremy Irons no matter which character he is supposed to be.

I thought he did a good job on 'Kingdom of Heaven' as Tiberias. And he sure knows how to calm a crowd.

(:

I would rather have them chose cool brilliant actors like Christian Bale, Jackman, Robert Downey Jr. etc.

Rather than goofy actors used to playing goofy characters or actors who have become a parody of themselves.

What is next: Seth Rogen as Robin? Steve Carell as the Joker?

The majority of the casting decisions for this movie suck. Superman is good and I'm curious about Jeremy Irons as Alfred. The rest... :pullhair:

+1. The casting does suck and I'm not sure Zack Snyder has the directing chops to pull it all together and surprise everyone.

....but I will still go and see it.

-J.

The majority of the casting decisions for this movie suck. Superman is good and I'm curious about Jeremy Irons as Alfred. The rest... :pullhair:

+1. The casting does suck and I'm not sure Zack Snyder has the directing chops to pull it all together and surprise everyone.

-J.

I have no doubt that Snyder can bring the visuals. It's all about the -script.

-J.

Indeed.

-J.

so true you can a great director and still have -script.

-J.

so true you can a great director and still have -script.

That's the problem with Snyder...he's a one-trick pony...all flash and little substance to his material. Look at Sucker Punch. :sick: Makes his job doubly hard with an underwhelming cast.

Hope springs eternal though. :wishluck:

-J.