• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Avengers 1

17 posts in this topic

Hoping that someone can give me a grade on this Avengers 1. Local copy I am considering purchasing. Staples are firmly attached, book is complete, no major tears or rips (except for the piece of the back cover that is missing). Pages off-white to cream. The pictures are of of the book in a mylar bag so the glare is from the bag.

Dropbox

Does the back cover missing piece stop the book from a universal grade (if I were to purchase and submit to CGC?)

The answer is no! It will still get a blue label but that is why the grade is so low!smiley-gen130.gif

That's where I am. There's no way that book is getting a 1.0 or a 2.0. It has to be a 1.5 or a 1.8.

Looking at GPA, 700ish would be a fair price if it's unrestored. FYI: There is price compression from 1.5 - 3.0. In other words, they have been selling for similar prices. Recently, 3.0s have been selling for just about 1k. Don't spend 1k on a 1.5-1.8, when you can get a 3.0 for the same price.

I'm at 1.8/2.0

It's a big chunk out of the back, yes, but not as big as I was expecting from the other comments. I was surprised there even was a back cover from some of the comments!

Still, because of that chunk, it's hard to quite figure out what the grade would be on something like this. I personally think this is still a 2.0, but I'm going with 1.8 as my CGC guess.

It's a copy I wouldn't mind owning!