• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Ebay Global Shipping worth it?

34 posts in this topic

I've only shipped one package this way in 4 months, and it went perfectly fine.

+1...My 1st international ship was to a winning bidder from Canada; transaction was excellent... (thumbs u

true. all he needs to know is if you use it, your customers get hammered with additional charges you know nothing about and ebay pockets the money

:o This I didn't know about...

Most Canadians I know will either;

A) email you and ask you not to use it if they were to bid with you OR

B) just avoid your auctions

So basically it is the same as not shipping Internationally. Only really green Canadian ebayers will do it, I don't know about the rest of the world but it won't help shipping to Canada.

Jay

+1...My 1st international ship was to a winning bidder from Canada; transaction was excellent... (thumbs u

true. all he needs to know is if you use it, your customers get hammered with additional charges you know nothing about and ebay pockets the money

its amazing, we pay "import" charges on books that we never have had to in the past.

what ended it for me was I won 1 book for around 50 bucks, it was advertised as 15 shipping if I remember correctly but when I got the ebay invoice it was 45 or 50 shipping. I asked the seller what was up and he had no clue, he was only getting the 15. ebay charged all the rest as a "just in case" border issues but since there aint any they pocket it all, not re enburse the buyer or pass on to the seller...its out and out theft

Dang I did not know that, I won't be offering that anymore.

Most Canadians I know will either;

A) email you and ask you not to use it if they were to bid with you OR

B) just avoid your auctions

So basically it is the same as not shipping Internationally. Only really green Canadian ebayers will do it, I don't know about the rest of the world but it won't help shipping to Canada.

Jay

As much as I understand why you would say this I have to disagree. It will hurt Canadian sales if you already ship to Canada. If you sell great books at a great price then I would use it. It is. It desireable and I request direct shipping all the time.

Will you still ship to Canada?

its amazing, we pay "import" charges on books that we never have had to in the past.

what ended it for me was I won 1 book for around 50 bucks, it was advertised as 15 shipping if I remember correctly but when I got the ebay invoice it was 45 or 50 shipping. I asked the seller what was up and he had no clue, he was only getting the 15. ebay charged all the rest as a "just in case" border issues but since there aint any they pocket it all, not re enburse the buyer or pass on to the seller...its out and out theft

Did you not notice the global shipping charges before you bid?

I used it once and it was very easy to use. The address you mail the package to was in Kentucky if I remember correctly. When I sent the buyer a message to let them know I had shipped their package I also mentioned any further shipping charges were from eBay.

I'm switching off that option on all my E-Bay auctions right now. I've gotten more people asking me to take it off the auction before they will bid than people that have just bought the book. Sounds like a huge scam to me.

Will you still ship to Canada?

Yeah I have no problems with it. I've sold a few books to Canadians with no issues.

I used it once and it was very easy to use. The address you mail the package to was in Kentucky if I remember correctly. When I sent the buyer a message to let them know I had shipped their package I also mentioned any further shipping charges were from eBay.

Next step is to learn to ship direct. :)