• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Album Covers inspired by Comic Books

115 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been discussed but couldn't find a topic. Just wondering what are some album cover you guys can think of that have been inspired by Comic Books. Being a Hip-Hop fan these are the 3 that come to mind with the Outkast ATLiens cover being my All-time favorite album cover. I know there's lots that have comic style art but these have the feeling of actual being Covers. I would kill to get my hands on the OA to that Outkast Cover!

ATLIENS_zps2cc3c4f5.jpg

CZARFACE_zps11570c12.png

WU-MASSACRE_zps60d3d646.jpg

Not exactly a comic...but a pulp. Took me a while to track this down, but I'm thrilled to have it in my collection.

The drummer of Queen - Roger Taylor - was a huge sci-fi fan. He tracked down the artist - Frank Kelly Freas - and asked him to re-do the original art. The album cover featured the members of the band, who were all killed by the giant robot.

AstoundingScienceFictionOctober1955.jpg

img067.jpg

Technically, this is a poster insert, and not the actual album cover, for Grand Funk's All the Girls in the World Beware!!...but who's keeping score?

Around here?

Almost everybody. lol