• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is why we have Fridays

305 posts in this topic

So did he actually own the books he was selling or not?

Yes he owned them it seems.

But people were contracting with a 12 year old who never had the legal capacity to enter into such agreements. And he lied repeatedly about his age, his background, his family, and ultimately the deals he was entering into.

So owning the books was the one thing we are pretty sure was true.

(thumbs u

The legal and contractual issues aside, it was a pretty interesting and atypical collection of books for a kid his age to own and peddle. If nothing else, I admire his taste and entrepreneurial impulse.

What would have happened if he'd have actually packed and shipped the books? Would there still have been an issue?

He was buying books from boardies that were graded... for example...6.0...telling them they were 5.0 and demanding a partial refund...and then listing them for sale on the boards as 7.0.

According to accounts he did this to 6-7 boardies at minimum.

So yes, there's a problem with this guy regardless if he ships the books.

Ah...got it. Thanks.

This kid must be an evil genius a lex luther in the making.

Is this kid officially the worst threat these boards have ever faced? because it sure sounds like it from a few of you.

:popcorn:

Is this kid officially the worst threat these boards have ever faced? because it sure sounds like it from a few of you.

Oh i think its going to come to light that Daddy was definitely helping Son out in all of this.

Oh i think its going to come to light that Daddy was definitely helping Son out in all of this.

If you mean giving his 12 year old son money to buy and sell comics, yes. (thumbs u

Not an evil genius, but smart enough to run a minor league hustle it seems.

This sort of thing happens from time-to-time in free enterprise. Caveat emptor and all that. But getting pinched is a . A good lesson to learn early in life, methinks...

I knew that was a kid. Just look at his screen name. I asked him how old he was in a thread...I said he had to be early teens. He came back with he was 40....and I just dropped it. Would an adult be hoarding MOS 18s???

His posting style was definitely closer to 15 than 40

It might just be me but I get the feeling there are a lot of very, very young new boardies.

I knew that was a kid. Just look at his screen name. I asked him how old he was in a thread...I said he had to be early teens. He came back with he was 40....and I just dropped it. Would an adult be hoarding MOS 18s???

It might just be me but I get the feeling there are a lot of very, very young new boardies.

Some of today's noobs are a sorry lot.

:whatev:

He's only 12 , right? Did anyone think to offer him an ice cream cone?

I have 4 kids and Lou has 2 and they are all between the age of 11 - 18.

I get the feeling that several new boardies are between those ages. Listening to them converse is like listening to my own kids.

I have 4 kids and Lou has 2 and they are all between the age of 11 - 18.

I get the feeling that several new boardies are between those ages. Listening to them converse is like listening to my own kids.

Yeah, that's how the rest of us feel when you and Stu go back and forth.