• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is why we have Fridays

305 posts in this topic

I knew that was a kid. Just look at his screen name. I asked him how old he was in a thread...I said he had to be early teens. He came back with he was 40....and I just dropped it. Would an adult be hoarding MOS 18s???

His posting style was definitely closer to 15 than 40

It might just be me but I get the feeling there are a lot of very, very young new boardies.

Some of today's noobs are a sorry lot.

I have 4 kids and Lou has 2 and they are all between the age of 11 - 18.

I get the feeling that several new boardies are between those ages. Listening to them converse is like listening to my own kids.

I say name names. :sumo:

Gee. I bet everyone else here, is just who and what they claim they are. :roflmao:

Maybe yes, maybe no. But if somebody is running a con game here, no matter how primitive or amateurish, isn't that a good thing to know? (shrug)

I knew that was a kid. Just look at his screen name. I asked him how old he was in a thread...I said he had to be early teens. He came back with he was 40....and I just dropped it. Would an adult be hoarding MOS 18s???

It might just be me but I get the feeling there are a lot of very, very young new boardies.

Some of today's noobs are a sorry lot.

I have 4 kids and Lou has 2 and they are all between the age of 11 - 18.

I get the feeling that several new boardies are between those ages. Listening to them converse is like listening to my own kids.

Do they tell you to get a haircut too? :P

I agree with that....few new guys seem very young.

Gee. I bet everyone else here, is just who and what they claim they are. :roflmao:

Maybe yes, maybe no. But if somebody is running a con game here, no matter how primitive or amateurish, isn't that a good thing to know? (shrug)

Definitely and for sure. Maybe I haven't read enough of all of this, but exactly what did the kid do that fell into the con game category? All I read was that he paid for some books that had not been shipped yet.

And that he got some free books. Which probably would have been given to young kids interested in this hobby anyway.

What did I miss, about a con?

P.S. I don't condone lying. Just want to make that clear.

This kid must be an evil genius a lex luther in the making.

Is this kid officially the worst threat these boards have ever faced? because it sure sounds like it from a few of you.

:popcorn:

Oh i think its going to come to light that Daddy was definitely helping Son out in all of this.

If you mean giving his 12 year old son money to buy and sell comics, yes. (thumbs u

I found a pic of GIJOE's father.............

hjua.png

Definitely and for sure. Maybe I haven't read enough of all of this, but exactly what did the kid do that fell into the con game category? All I read was that he paid for some books that had not been shipped yet.

And that he got some free books. Which probably would have been given to young kids interested in this hobby anyway.

He was buying books from boardies that were graded... for example...6.0...telling them they were 5.0 and demanding a partial refund...and then listing them for sale on the boards as 7.0.

According to accounts he did this to 6-7 boardies at minimum.

So yes, there's a problem with this guy regardless if he ships the books.

He was buying books from boardies that were graded... for example...6.0...telling them they were 5.0 and demanding a partial refund...and then listing them for sale on the boards as 7.0.

Maybe this kid should open a comic shop in kav's home town.

Um, okay. I do have a problem with "demands". Especially from a child. But I'm not sure the other stuff you describe, falls into the category of a con job. Sounds like stuff that is done in this hobby, albeit fairly infrequently. Definitely not rare or unheard of.

Um, okay. I do have a problem with "demands". Especially from a child. But I'm not sure the other stuff you describe, falls into the category of a con job. Sounds like stuff that is done in this hobby, albeit fairly infrequently. Definitely not rare or unheard of.

Sounds like a con job to me. I wasn't involved, but if I were, you can be sure the parents would be hearing from me with a firm request to get my money back.

What is incredibly rare is to have documentation of what a book was sold as initially, what the buyer said it should have been graded (lower), and then when he flips it he grades if higher than the original grade he bought it as.

That, is documentation of the original seller being defrauded, and the buyer lying in midst of a transaction to gain the advantage, repeatedly, and then changing the grade again (to his advantage ) on the flip.

There are 6-7 boardies coming forward claiming he did the same thing to them, demanding partial refunds, arguing down grades, and many books wound up being flipped in his sales threads at higher grades.

If you think that's not a con job then you might want to look up the definition of a con job.

In addition to the "grade jobbing" to flip, we also have multiple identities, false claims about age and hardship, etc., etc...sounds like a con job to me:

OK,

I've gathered information from over a dozen boardies. I have compiled several screen shots and I have definitive email, video, and photographic proof, a portion of which I will now share.

Arch and the mods have been contacted already and I want to let them do their work on this.

GIJOEISAWESOME is NOT who many of you think he is.

I will not divulge his full name or post pictures for reasons that will become immediately apparent. I implore the people reading this to NOT attack this person, to let the mods do their work and to keep the composure of this forum.

GIJOEISAWESOME is a 12 year old boy.

Everything he's posted about having his own children that he feeds with comics and just about everything else he's posted regarding who is really is has been false.

He has gone by the name Bryan (the name on his paypal), called Bryan his partner, and stated that he preferred to be called Lee to some.

His real name is LEE.....BRYAN is his father, it's his paypal account because a 12 year old can't open his own.

A 12 year old also cannot have an account on this site, but he lied on his profile to get around that.

Given the sophistication of the negotiations he entered into and the grade jobbing he did it was hard for me to believe. However, all of the evidence I have compiled points 100% with no doubt that LEE is a child and the amount of lies told in posts, by email, and by PM are voluminous....