• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pgm- Tales of Suspense 1 -GRADE IS IN

38 posts in this topic

Interested in opinions.

No scans of back but from viewing it in person it is very white with very light dust shadows around the edges. No rips and very bright inks.

Thanks!

<a  href=http://s9.postimg.org/s6o22lmmn/Talesof_Suspense1.jpg' alt='Talesof_Suspense1.jpg'>

windows screenshot[/img]

When I first look at a book scan I let it wash over me pretty quickly...3 to 5 seconds and have a general impression that is pretty close to the grade at hand. FN came immediately to mind...on second look leant itself to possible FN-

Stickin' with the FN! Give the book always the highest graded grade it deserves...not the lowest!

"S.borock circa 1972

I made that up. :insane:

Peace/out

When I first look at a book scan I let it wash over me pretty quickly...3 to 5 seconds and have a general impression that is pretty close to the grade at hand. FN came immediately to mind...on second look leant itself to possible FN-

Stickin' with the FN! Give the book always the highest graded grade it deserves...not the lowest!

"S.borock circa 1972

Peace/out

HAHAHAHA love this. In hand the book makes a case for a 7.0 because of the colors. My first look from the scan when I bought it was 6.5. So I'm going with a 6.5. I should know in a couple days as its scheduled for grading. Thanks for your thoughts everyone!!

"S.borock circa 1972

Peace/out

HAHAHAHA love this. In hand the book makes a case for a 7.0 because of the colors. My first look from the scan when I bought it was 6.5. So I'm going with a 6.5. I should know in a couple days as its scheduled for grading. Thanks for your thoughts everyone!!

Let us know when the grade comes in! :popcorn:

I also meant to add that the enlarged scans in my experience generally grade a half grade to a full grade above what most of us think the scan is telling us...the enlarged scans just show and accentuate the flaws TOO MUCH...which are always going to be more subtle in a smaller scan and the book in hand... 2c

"S.borock circa 1972

Peace/out

Good luck with the grading! I hope you get what you're hoping for! I know that I graded this at 5.5 but I always try to be conservative when looking at just one cover. I think your appraisal at 6.5 is more than fair and definitely attainable if the back cover has no surprises!

Please keep us informed!smiley-gen130.gif