• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just have to bring this up again

385 posts in this topic

I'm thinking pristine collectibles will always eventually be in highest demand.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7438758#Post7438758

ya lost me there...

feel like i'm in the time tunnel.....

time-tunnel.jpg

I'm willing to admit I may be wrong.

I just feel like there's a stan lee bubble about to burst some day....and you can't un-stan lee your book.....

I always feel like I am here when I read your posts

kav bashing is too easy.

come on, I'm being nice...

To be honest for you it seems like your more worried about the end result of the sale. Your worried a CGC SS book will be worth more or less. To me that's fine, your looking to "Cash in" one day and I'm all for it, but for me these are my books and instead of being sold to fund my kids college fund, I plan to simply give them to the kids when I get older and let them do whatever they want.

I don't collect books with the thought of one day I can sell them, I collect books and Signatures so that I can have a memento of my childhood. Look back and say I met Denny O'Neil, Neal Adams, Arthur Adams, and yeah even Stan Lee. Heck I even have Stan's Sig on a book that really had damn well nothing to do with the guy, Avengers vs X-Men... but I got it because I wanted to meet him and I wanted a token of that memory to hold. Hell I am chasing one of what many consider the most worthless series around looking for Sig's for them because it was what I enjoyed as a kid.

So if you think in the future they'll be worthless go yourself, they are worth it to me.

well you are wrong. I cannot afford any of those books. I'm really just thinking of the hobby and future collectors. I can't cash in on this whichever way it goes....

no need to tell me to spoon myself. i figure that goes without saying I've heard it so much. I don't want you to spoon yourself. or think there's something wrong with a person that likes SS books.

kav bashing is too easy.

I am not meaning to bash you at all and to be honest I just watched that MP sketch and its cheered me right up :roflmao:

You can do what you want with your books and I will do what I want with mine, when the day comes that someone inherits my books, I doubt they will be worried about a few SS Mid grade comics

kav bashing is too easy.

I am not meaning to bash you at all and to be honest I just watched that MP sketch and its cheered me right up :roflmao:

You can do what you want with your books and I will do what I want with mine, when the day comes that someone inherits my books, I doubt they will be worried about a few SS Mid grade comics

that was pretty funny.

but if someone came out of the time tunnel from the future and told people 'dont SS your SA #1's!!! Please don't do it!!!!!' do you think people should listen?

Sigh...

High Grade Silver and Gold? No... because one day CGC may be out of business and the 'new' company may not acknowledge CGC's "authenticity" certification.

Modern books and Lower Grade Silver and Gold? Sure... why not? I am really after the signature, not the book. That is more of a presentation piece to me.

I absolutely loved the GI Joe Marvel series as it was one of the first series I ever collected. I HAD to have Larry Hama's signature on a 9.8 of this book since he was the Godfather of Modern Joe.

G.I._Joe_A_Real_American_Hero_Vol_1_53.jpg

Sigh...

High Grade Silver and Gold? No... because one day CGC may be out of business and the 'new' company may not acknowledge CGC's "authenticity" certification.

Modern books and Lower Grade Silver and Gold? Sure... why not? I am really after the signature, not the book. That is more of a presentation piece to me.

I absolutely loved the GI Joe Marvel series as it was one of the first series I ever collected. I HAD to have Larry Hama's signature on a 9.8 of this book since he was the Godfather of Modern Joe.

G.I._Joe_A_Real_American_Hero_Vol_1_53.jpg

100% agree. I was never meaning to imply anything but SA and GA midgrade or better.

Modern books I got no problem with. Or BA either. a neal adams sig on GL GA # 76 would not freak me out.

and I never thought of that CGC going out of business angle-that would send chills down my spine if i had a bunch of SA SS

I would never get a SA #1 or any other HG key signed.

Here is my only sig series key with a Stan Lee sig

You cannot tell me the book has suffered because of the sig, its about the only thing it has going for it actually.

TTASS27.jpg

You cannot tell me the book has suffered because of the sig, its about the only thing it has going for it actually.

TTASS27.jpg

that is the perfect type of book to get signed. i was thinking all those hulk #1 8.0's etc...it hurts to look at....

TTASS27.jpg

that is the perfect type of book to get signed. i was thinking all those hulk #1 8.0's etc...it hurts to look at....

That is why I linked you back to my first post, we have been in agreement all along.

c0404.gif