• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just have to bring this up again

385 posts in this topic

I agree with conditionfreak that sharing personal information about kav without his consent here is not cool.

2c

+1 Or anyone else for that matter.

When someone types out this post, it's simple to Google a sentence from that post.

Go ahead and Google " 'Yeah, I used to have all those comics -Spider-Man #1, Avengers #1 X-Men #1-but my mom sold them at a yard sale for $200 when I went to college."

It's public.

Gotta disagree with you here.

No one posted his Facebook info/profile that can be set to "private" via user settings. Just a link to a blog or discussion he posted on a public comic site? That's pretty public. (shrug)

Non comic readers who see you reading a comic and strike up a conversation which inevitably leads to the old 'Yeah, I used to have all those comics -Spider-Man #1, Avengers #1 X-Men #1-but my mom sold them at a yard sale for $200 when I went to college.' You're supposed to gasp in shock at this incredible story. Here's how it went down recently the last time it happened to me:

As blowie illustrated - same post there as it is here.

I'm gonna do whatever I want with my comics, period. I could choose to have Stan Lee sign a book because I feel he's a historic figure in the comic book universe...I could also buy a AF #15 CGC 7.5, crack it open, and use it as toilet paper...cause its my book. So ah, why don't you shut up about it...its old already.

Let's start marking the moment where threads go negative. Here is the first one.

MARK!

I'd beg to differ...in my opinion the first post was negative...another, another negative thread attacking SS books. Its so old and tiring at this point...and as someone who collects SS books, I get tired of being told over and over that I'm ruining comics. How bout we let people do what they want with their comics...believe in whatever god they want, and vote however they want...oh yeah, and shut up about it already. :eyeroll:

First: Go spoon yourself. Second: No. Third: Why did you read and participate in this thread? Didn't the title give it away? :facepalm:

First: That's just uncalled for. Second: Another fine example of trying to bully someone into not stating their point of view. And a fine example of the wonderful "community" we have here. :applause: Third: Yeah... he should have know what the thread was about because this is the only old, tired, worn out thing that gets brought up on the boards. :eyeroll:

Oh yea. But telling someone to "shut up", is not uncalled for at all. :screwy:

Nope. Particularly when it comes to one person telling another what they can/can't do with their property. 2c

Could you please quote me where anyone in this thread, stated that you "can or can't do what you want" with your books?

Thank you in advance.

I'm gonna do whatever I want with my comics, period. I could choose to have Stan Lee sign a book because I feel he's a historic figure in the comic book universe...I could also buy a AF #15 CGC 7.5, crack it open, and use it as toilet paper...cause its my book. So ah, why don't you shut up about it...its old already.

Let's start marking the moment where threads go negative. Here is the first one.

MARK!

I'd beg to differ...in my opinion the first post was negative...another, another negative thread attacking SS books. Its so old and tiring at this point...and as someone who collects SS books, I get tired of being told over and over that I'm ruining comics. How bout we let people do what they want with their comics...believe in whatever god they want, and vote however they want...oh yeah, and shut up about it already. :eyeroll:

First: Go spoon yourself. Second: No. Third: Why did you read and participate in this thread? Didn't the title give it away? :facepalm:

First: That's just uncalled for. Second: Another fine example of trying to bully someone into not stating their point of view. And a fine example of the wonderful "community" we have here. :applause: Third: Yeah... he should have know what the thread was about because this is the only old, tired, worn out thing that gets brought up on the boards. :eyeroll:

Nope. Particularly when it comes to one person telling another what they can/can't do with their property. 2c

Could you please quote me where anyone in this thread, stated that you "can or can't do what you want" with your books?

Thank you in advance.

You apparently didn't read the OPs first post.

Signatures on books.

At one time it was considered ok to tape a book. To fill in missing ink with crayons, markers.

I believe future collectors will shake their heads in dismay at the signing of books.

You do not alter a collectible-at all. You do not polish up old coins. You do not refinish antique furniture. You do not get the guy who found the dead sea scrolls to sign them.

You leave a collectible ALONE. It is inevitable that one day untouched, un stan-leed books will command a huge premium. When people come to their senses and realize what they are doing.

If you want Stan Lee's signature (why, I don't know-they are as common as dirt)-get him to sign a piece of paper and insert it in the book.

This makes me very very sad.

It would be more interesting to here about his work instead of reading more inane threads.

Link #1

Link #2

A. KAVIRAJ: Kav is an artist, teacher, and biologist who lives in Sacramento, California.

He is the artist for The End of Paradise, Rapid City,Tales From The Future, and Dr Death vs The Zombie. He is the writer and artist for Dr. Death vs. The Vampire. E-mail: ddkaviraj@aol.com

Nice detective work. :golfclap:

lol

MARK!

Oh, there's still pressing...

MARK!

Thank you in advance.

I don't think anyone said, "Don't do that, or else..." But the implication was that the holy grail was being pooped on.

To everyone who's so against having books signed: The one thing you're missing about it is that whether a signature is on a 3" x 5" index card, a baseball a comic book or any other item is that the signature itself is a collectible. What it's on makes a difference to those who collect them. An index card signed by say... Alan Moore would be cool to have but a copy of Swamp Thing #37 signed by him would by far be a much more desirable item to own to someone that's into signatures. The same goes for Silver and Bronze Age books in terms of condition. A low grade (3.0) Nick Fury signed by Steranko, cool. A 9.2, even cooler. 2c

To everyone who's so against having books signed: The one thing you're missing about it is that whether a signature is on a 3" x 5" index card, a baseball a comic book or any other item is that the signature itself is a collectible. What it's on makes a difference to those who collect them. An index card signed by say... Alan Moore would be cool to have but a copy of Swamp Thing #37 signed by him would by far be a much more desirable item to own to someone that's into signatures. The same goes for Silver and Bronze Age books in terms of condition. A low grade (3.0) Nick Fury signed by Steranko, cool. A 9.2, even cooler. 2c

I second this. All my sports memorabilia would just be random stuff if it wasn't signed. I'd have a couple footballs and helmets in glass cases and some random pictures on the wall. Pretty boring stuff. The signatures give you something to make it more attractive and desirable. But if it's not your thing, then its your loss IMO.