• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just have to bring this up again

385 posts in this topic

If I bought the book it is mine to do what ever I want with it.

well of course. You can burn it.

but i can still say future collectors will moan why why why did he burn it?

Future collectors could also say then, why didnt my Dad get it signed when ****XX was still alive.

This is how I feel with sigs. I also like to meet them and have them sign things as Kaholo pointed out. I do the same thing with sports memorabilia. It's great to actually meet the people and have them put their stamp on something.

I forget which boardie it is but not too long ago there was a journal written about how said boardie had just acquired an Infantino signature. He unfortunately died the next month. So now he has something none of us can attain except to buy an already existing copy.

But as has been stated its your book do what you want. I think there will always be a segment of collectors who want signed things. Just as there will be a segment who don't like it.

Collect what you love.

Signatures on books.

At one time it was considered ok to tape a book. To fill in missing ink with crayons, markers.

I believe future collectors will shake their heads in dismay at the signing of books.

You do not alter a collectible-at all. You do not polish up old coins. You do not refinish antique furniture. You do not get the guy who found the dead sea scrolls to sign them.

You leave a collectible ALONE. It is inevitable that one day untouched, un stan-leed books will command a huge premium. When people come to their senses and realize what they are doing.

If you want Stan Lee's signature (why, I don't know-they are as common as dirt)-get him to sign a piece of paper and insert it in the book.

This makes me very very sad.

Then going with your argument, if you buy a blank cover variant, it stays blank? Or if you picked up a couple of Marvel The End #6 with for the most part a blank cover with the exception of Thanos on it you leave it that way? I would disagree, well for the most part.

I wanted to meet Stan Lee and get is auto. So I grabbed my ASM 14 and had him sign it. To me if he actually worked on the book it means more to me than a ASM 700. To get my ASM 14 sort of brings a little more history to the comic.

I'm gonna do whatever I want with my comics, period. I could choose to have Stan Lee sign a book because I feel he's a historic figure in the comic book universe...I could also buy a AF #15 CGC 7.5, crack it open, and use it as toilet paper...cause its my book. So ah, why don't you shut up about it...its old already.

The only thing that bothers me about signatures on books is that dealers will take a low grade book, (let's say a FF48 in 2,5) throw Stan Lees name on it and now they can sell it for the same price as a 4.5. Its used as a money making scheme to get more money for a beat up copy.

No offense to you Kevin, its your money spend it like you want it. But it is what it is.

Not just low grade books, any books. Some of the premiums asked are ridiculous

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Collectible-Classics-Spider-Man-2-CGC-SS-9-8-Stan-Lee-Chromium-/141177205182?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ded131be

Signatures on books.

At one time it was considered ok to tape a book. To fill in missing ink with crayons, markers.

I believe future collectors will shake their heads in dismay at the signing of books.

You do not alter a collectible-at all. You do not polish up old coins. You do not refinish antique furniture. You do not get the guy who found the dead sea scrolls to sign them.

You leave a collectible ALONE. It is inevitable that one day untouched, un stan-leed books will command a huge premium. When people come to their senses and realize what they are doing.

If you want Stan Lee's signature (why, I don't know-they are as common as dirt)-get him to sign a piece of paper and insert it in the book.

How about we start a thread on the idea that everyone thinks you're a shill? Wouldn't that be fantastic? I think it would, because everything I think is super and every thing you think sucks.

He was called out for being a shill in HERE

Ok boys final proof I'm not a shill-no shill would work so hard to sneak back into a forum, then voluntarily bow out! It's been real. Later.

What changed? Why come back over a month later? (shrug)

Attention?

I'm gonna do whatever I want with my comics, period. I could choose to have Stan Lee sign a book because I feel he's a historic figure in the comic book universe...I could also buy a AF #15 CGC 7.5, crack it open, and use it as toilet paper...cause its my book. So ah, why don't you shut up about it...its old already.
+1

The only thing that bothers me about signatures on books is that dealers will take a low grade book, (let's say a FF48 in 2,5) throw Stan Lees name on it and now they can sell it for the same price as a 4.5. Its used as a money making scheme to get more money for a beat up copy.

No offense to you Kevin, its your money spend it like you want it. But it is what it is.

Not just low grade books, any books. Some of the premiums asked are ridiculous

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Collectible-Classics-Spider-Man-2-CGC-SS-9-8-Stan-Lee-Chromium-/141177205182?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ded131be

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Collectible-Classics-Spider-Man-1-CGC-SS-9-8-Stan-Lee-Chromium-/141177201058?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ded121a2

Not everyone that gets books signed is doing it to flip them though. You also can't hold everyone that gets books signed responsible for the ridiculous prices that someone else puts on a book they're trying to sell. What you seem to be missing is that to the majority of collectors that get books signed it's not about dollars and cents, it's about getting the signature of someone who's contribution to comics you appreciate on the book. It's not up to anyone but the owner of the book to determine if it gets signed whether it be a ragged out 1.0 copy or a pedigree. 2c

He was called out for being a shill in HERE

Ok boys final proof I'm not a shill-no shill would work so hard to sneak back into a forum, then voluntarily bow out! It's been real. Later.

What changed? Why come back over a month later? (shrug)

Attention?

(shrug) He tried to stay away but couldn't help himself..then poof.

Kav Strike Dec 17

Signatures on books.

How about we start a thread on the idea that everyone thinks you're a shill? Wouldn't that be fantastic? I think it would, because everything I think is super and every thing you think sucks.

It would be more interesting to here about his work instead of reading more inane threads.

Link #1

Link #2

A. KAVIRAJ: Kav is an artist, teacher, and biologist who lives in Sacramento, California.

He is the artist for The End of Paradise, Rapid City,Tales From The Future, and Dr Death vs The Zombie. He is the writer and artist for Dr. Death vs. The Vampire. E-mail: ddkaviraj@aol.com

Let's start marking the moment where threads go negative. Here is the first one.

MARK!

It would be more interesting to here about his work instead of reading more inane threads.

Link #1

Link #2

A. KAVIRAJ: Kav is an artist, teacher, and biologist who lives in Sacramento, California.

He is the artist for The End of Paradise, Rapid City,Tales From The Future, and Dr Death vs The Zombie. He is the writer and artist for Dr. Death vs. The Vampire. E-mail: ddkaviraj@aol.com

Nice detective work. :golfclap: