• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bunker ONI PRESS

258 posts in this topic

Anyone know the print run on comicspro, 250/500 etc???

No news on that yet spoke with someone who was there and the only thing they knew is that it was one per person but who knows. (shrug)

one thousand.

ComicsPro will use them as incentives for members as they have done in the past.

Certain eBay shill accounts will have a never ending supply.

watch closely.

spoke with the creator today there's no shortage he doesn't know exactly possible 2000 copies or less sounds like you're correct Larry. (thumbs u

Yeah, that's a lot. This book shouldn't be worth more than $20

Tell that to the people on eBay lol until the 1000 show up expect this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301109017555?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_367wt_1428

I wanted one of those, but the asking prices were too high. Glad I played the waiting game this time.

Wonder if the Batman 28 variants will be the same.

Wonder if the Batman 28 variants will be the same.

I want a copy (or two), but they've been over $75 thus far... I was trying to find out how many copies were printed, but haven't found any info yet.

Finally had some time to sit down and read the first issue.

To clarify on a story point...

Are the notes from the future sent to STOP what happens or to PROGRESS what happens? At certain points it seemed that both trajectories were mentioned.

And a question on comics and stories as a whole: BUNKER has me intrigued, and has a mystery hook to it that leaves me itching for more. But in the comics world, the larger story could get dragged out for 60 issues and 6 years without ever resolving anything. (Or longer if there are delays, or shorter if readership declines.)

Where do you draw the line - if ever - on a comic and its story progression -- especially when dealing with more mystery-themed plots?

If the narrative is strong I will keep reading. If the writer seems to lose track of where they had intended the story to go, its time to bail.

See the Exterminators up until ancient Egyptian gods were introduced, and Spawn up until there were robotic gorillas and stuff.

Finally had some time to sit down and read the first issue.

To clarify on a story point...

Are the notes from the future sent to STOP what happens or to PROGRESS what happens? At certain points it seemed that both trajectories were mentioned.

And a question on comics and stories as a whole: BUNKER has me intrigued, and has a mystery hook to it that leaves me itching for more. But in the comics world, the larger story could get dragged out for 60 issues and 6 years without ever resolving anything. (Or longer if there are delays, or shorter if readership declines.)

Where do you draw the line - if ever - on a comic and its story progression -- especially when dealing with more mystery-themed plots?

I think it depends on which letter and who sent it. There seem to be multiple agendas. On the length of the book ? I see this being finite but with years of stories to tell, who knows ? (shrug)

What made no sense to me:

"Here is everything you need to ensure that everything happens as it already happened the first time around." Umm...if you don't want anything to change, and you want everything to follow the original natural progression, then there is absolutely no reason to send any of this stuff in the first place. The *ONLY* reason to send stuff back in time would be to change history.

I really need this to be explained.

"Here is everything you need to ensure that everything happens as it already happened the first time around." Umm...if you don't want anything to change, and you want everything to follow the original natural progression, then there is absolutely no reason to send any of this stuff in the first place. The *ONLY* reason to send stuff back in time would be to change history.

I believe one person probably started a chain reaction. It seems to me that each person has their own mission/goal and one person is not even there.

+1 -- hence my question. At least I'm not the only one.

I think there is/will be a lot of deceit between members of this group in the future and their present day selves. I'm guessing there are different timelines in the future based on actions of the group - for example the main character that becomes president (Ben, I think?) gets shot (presumed killed) in the future, but the future Ben also appears on the last page. This aspect of the story reminds me of the movie Primer where the future protagonist lies to his present day self and his time-traveling friend to get certain results and the results don't always work out so he has to keeping going back in time. It gets very confusing who is who (although they are only jumping a few days at time instead of years). Anyone interested in time travel should watch that movie.

The regular and variant covers bring $10 on BIN. I think this is probably a little harder to find than those. I'm not saying its a $50 book but it's gotta be $20 or better assuming that everything else stays the same. BTW, I do have some regulars and variants but none of these. I got a Runaways feel when I read the book the first time and I don't know why as these kids are older imo.

True, but 2500 certainly isn't rare, and IMO this one is a weaker cover, and it came out after the general release of #1. I personally have no interest in it and can't justify a premium for it, and so I wouldn't value it any higher than the other two covers.