• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had creative control on a Comic Book Movie....

69 posts in this topic

I would do a retro Green Lantern/Green Arrow movie set in the 70's using one of the actual storylines from that run. I would make the suits tights, not that padded molded plastic elaborate fake muscle stuff. I would play it serious not campy. of course there would be humorous moments. It would be very hard to get this right but I'm positing that it is.

:eek: Those stories might be unintentionally funny.

Legacy from Majestic Comics.

- Alien hero that adopted our planet as its protector finds out he is dying.

- Tells the world on a given night at a set time, anyone wishing to inherit his powers to do good just needs to hold their hand to the TV.

- Misreads the hearts of humans, and creates not only a large group of heroes, but also a larger group of super-villains gone crazy from their new-found powers.

- Alien hero dies before teaching the heroes how to us their powers.

Would love to see this played out on film.

Are you kidding?

As Ordell in Jackie Brown: "AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m*****f***** in the room, accept no substitutes."

As Elijah in Unbreakable?

Snakes on a Plane? "Enough is enough! I have had it with these m*****f***** snakes on this m*****f***** plane!

And I mean, c'mon, who else was gonna play Shaft?

Are you kidding?

As Ordell in Jackie Brown: "AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m*****f***** in the room, accept no substitutes."

As Elijah in Unbreakable?

Snakes on a Plane? "Enough is enough! I have had it with these m*****f***** snakes on this m*****f***** plane!

And I mean, c'mon, who else was gonna play Shaft?

shaft was awesome. awesome. featuring the original shaft and the future batman.....legendary. i'm gonna watch it again now that you brought it up...SHUT YO MOUTH

I'M talkin about shaft!

If Samuel l could bring his fire to nick fury....I'd be happy....but his nick is mace windu with an eyepatch

good point.....

the nick in the comics pretty much talked like ben grimm...wahddya yay-hoos standin' around for? etc. eyepatch-wise him and Odin should hang out....maybe with Captain Ron.....

1. Not an origin movie.

2. Focus on the villain first.

3. Make it feel like reading a six-to-eight issue storyline.

^^

and don't make the villain 'all bad'-like bane-that is so boring. Make him someone the audience almost roots for-like hannibal lecter....