• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had creative control on a Comic Book Movie....

69 posts in this topic

So I was just thinking what I personally would like to see if I had full control to make my own Blockbuster Comic Book movie. For me it's got to be a Batman flick. I'd like to see a dark gothic style movie though and introduce some fresh never used Villians. I'd have Black Mask as the Key Villian with him stumbling upon Solomon Grundy and turning Grundy into his slave/monster. It would be intersting introduce a sort of Court of Owls type thing (with Black mask being the leader) with flashbacks to 1800's Gotham in very Gothic style scenes and where we could see a origin story for Grundy. Also have Killer Croc as one of Mask's assassins. Somewhere along the story Batman would turn Grundy in a sort of Anti-hero and Croc and Grundy would have an ultimate battle to the death and leave Batman to take on Black Mask toe to toe. Obviously lots of story to fill but you get the jist. Just fun thinking about mess like this and I'm sure I'm not alone, so lets here some of your hypothetical ideas for Movies you'd like to see.

:popcorn:

I'd make either a "Runaways" movie or "Y The Last Man" movie, almost exactly as BKV wrote them, and show everyone saying that comic-stories wouldn't attract a large/wide audience how wrong they are.

Hell, I'd give the DoFP storyline that is the next X-Men movie a "true to the comics" (as much as possible) remake, just to appease us fanboys.

iconspindance.gif

-slym

I'd make either a "Runaways" movie or "Y The Last Man" movie, almost exactly as BKV wrote them, and show everyone saying that comic-stories wouldn't attract a large/wide audience how wrong they are.

-slym

I wouldn't do a Y The Last Man movie. I'd do a Y The Last Man series on HBO. In that format you could do so much more than one movie.

Hell, I'd give the DoFP storyline that is the next X-Men movie a "true to the comics" (as much as possible) remake, just to appease us fanboys.

iconspindance.gif

-slym

There's really a lot that could be omitted or abbreviated in Y The Last Man to make it fit a movie or two without sacrificing the essence of the characters and the story.

I wouldn't do a Y The Last Man movie. I'd do a Y The Last Man series on HBO. In that format you could do so much more than one movie.

:headbang:

-slym

I would do a retro Green Lantern/Green Arrow movie set in the 70's using one of the actual storylines from that run. I would make the suits tights, not that padded molded plastic elaborate fake muscle stuff. I would play it serious not campy. of course there would be humorous moments. It would be very hard to get this right but I'm positing that it is.

BWS Weapon X. As a horror movie. In the spirit of John Carpenter's "The Thing" or Ridley Scott's "Alien" with a little classic slasher mixed in (guess who the slasher is?)

Basically, it would be told from the perspective of the scientists. They kidnap and torture and experiment on some Canadian guy until he breaks. The experiment goes bad, the Canadian guy stalks and kills them one by one like a wild animal. Logan wouldn't be a flashy muscleman, he'd be more someone who I think could pull off a good torture scene and mental breakdown. I think Kevin Bacon could do it. The whole thing would be dark and gory and have a constant musical score typical of 80's suspense movies. It would be rated R of course.