• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
35 35

6,525 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, szav said:

This book looked familiar...so I bought it and entombed it to keep it from falling apart.

image.png.2a81bae029fbdfc4fbdec99734ce2199.png

16 hours ago, sagii said:

That's a nice one! Some cool painted covers on those Ace Romance books (previously used on their Pulp magazines). 

Great pick up (thumbsu

Did you see the DTA copy of the pulp version on feebay?  I didn't like it nearly as much as this comic version.  Bizarre.  It's the same cover art (different title), but something about it bothered me.

3 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Did you see the DTA copy of the pulp version on feebay?  I didn't like it nearly as much as this comic version.  Bizarre.  It's the same cover art (different title), but something about it bothered me.

Not bizarre 

I prefer the comic book versions on these Ace romance covers to the pulp forms myself. 

A Simon and Kirby Gem from the 50's .... Kirby's romance could often be gritty and violent, and this issue is a prime example with "Hands Off Lucy" ....  This one courtesy @blazingbob and it just seems nicer than the 6.5 he called it. He still has a few of this title left, but savvy collectors have been picking them off. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

YOUNG ROMANCE 20.jpg

On 11/17/2020 at 1:10 PM, jimjum12 said:

... here's the splash .... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a frien d of jesus)(thumbsu

Comic Book Cover For Young Romance 020

Kirby's versatility was just unsurpassed. I agree that his romance work is undervalued. In fact, it's surprising that with prices of seemingly all GA books exploding, S&K books have remained pretty reasonable.