• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much of a premium are we talking for newsstand issues v/s direct editions?
10 10

1,113 posts in this topic

I just picked up a few 2nd print Marvels in a dollar box and noticed that the X-Factor 71 and Web of Spider-Man 90 are newsstand issues.

A little late, but I've never seen an X-Factor #71 2nd that ISN'T a newsstand edition.

I just picked up a few 2nd print Marvels in a dollar box and noticed that the X-Factor 71 and Web of Spider-Man 90 are newsstand issues.

A little late, but I've never seen an X-Factor #71 2nd that ISN'T a newsstand edition.

Didn't look very hard, did you? :baiting:

Please point out a direct edition X-Factor 71 second print in that image search.

Didn't look very hard, did you? :baiting:

Please point out a direct edition X-Factor 71 second print in that image search.

Ah, my mistake. :foryou: Didn't see that you were a reprint collector. :sorry: I wouldn't know one if I saw one.

Just glad most of my books were bought at my local Beckers store. :D

Interesting --- the seller didn't mention the newsstand/UPC in the title or the description.

The seller was probably unaware of the difference or doesn't see it as being a factor. Either way, it didn't hinder the final sale price.

Um wow, is right. :o

The bidding pattern suggests this is/will be an outlier.

-J.

We'll see. It was the only 9.8 newsstand on the market and the only one in some time. It will be interesting to watch, since there is no way to tell how many are on the census.

Add me to the list of those who value and put a premium on newsstand copy's over direct, every darn time. I wont spend good money on high dollar copper, unless the book has a barcode. Its as others have stated, rarity, I want the more rare copy of a given book and that always seems to be newsstand copy's. That relative rarity seems to be a given, based on availability in the marketplace.

Add me to the list of those who value and put a premium on newsstand copy's over direct, every darn time. I wont spend good money on high dollar copper, unless the book has a barcode. Its as others have stated, rarity, I want the more rare copy of a given book and that always seems to be newsstand copy's. That relative rarity seems to be a given, based on availability in the marketplace.

Also, don't forget that newsies are very tough to get in high grade.

Also, don't forget that newsies are very tough to get in high grade.

Yep.

-J.

All data points are relevant - there is no such thing as an "outlier" :sumo:

Truer words were never spoken. That auction and the high bidder just look a little fishy is all. It may be worth checking the seller's feedback in a week or two to see if the sale was even legitimate.

-J.

-J.

All data points are relevant - there is no such thing as an "outlier" :sumo:

Truer words were never spoken. That auction and the high bidder just look a little fishy is all. It may be worth checking the seller's feedback in a week or two to see if the sale was even legitimate.

-J.

I agree. It's always worthwhile to double-check. :)